clattering that does boy sound normal?

pyrobee

Everything can go faster!
Alright so my truck has done it since I got it but it has another clatter then normal it seems to be under the truck and will silence when driving but especially noticeable in cold I am thinking maybe it might need new rings or something internal wanna figure out if I need to worry about it now or let it wait

Its an auto it sounds way out of place not real noticeable only someone that drives it everyday would notice

it's been doing it since you got it... was that yesterday afternoon or 3yrs ago? :confused:

rings aren't going to make a clatter. it sounds like you've got a vibration somewhere

try layin on yer back under the truk and lookin up..instead of at yer friggin keyboard and ya might find it a little easier to fix

Avtually I'm on my blackberry under a caterpillar / Osh Kosh tactical vehicle changing tranny filters not staring at my key board I guess your right I need to do some real mechanic work

could your driveline be out of balance or could your harmonic balancer be wore out?

I want to put a fluid damper on it so that might come right after my air dog next month

I don't think the fluidampr is going to do much for you. do you know anything about the history of this truck?

how long have you owned it? if you crawl under the truck and don't see anything glaring, I'd just drive it

Avtually I'm on my blackberry under a caterpillar / Osh Kosh tactical vehicle changing tranny filters not staring at my key board I guess your right I need to do some real mechanic work

no disrespect meant..just sayin..its a noise.whatta are we gonna do here besides make conversation bout it

I would definitely check your torque converter bolts, I have had mine back off twice with blue locktite, then I used red loctite and it took care of the problem
My rattle was a lot like your describing, and my rattle would also quit while under load but while coasting and at idle I had an extra loud "knock".

Lavon