clutch concern

Texaschromeboy

Cummins Cadillac
i had my southbend clutch installed today its a MU13-1.25 Con OFE
450hp-1,000ft. as i was driving home i put my edge comp on some of the levels 1 threw 4 and it was slipping...like id give gas and i could see my rpms going up like if it was to be an automatic but i dont know if that is usually or it needs to be broken in a little has anyone had this before

I wouldn't beat on it just yet if it was just put in.....should let is seat first!

Drive around town or in stop and go for around 500 miles first......I wouldn't think it would just start to slip though......hmmmmm

yep 500 miles to seat!!! is the 13" upgrade or what did they do about the flywheel? the best thing you could do is drive around town and stop and go alot!!

yeah they put the flywheel that it came with it in there so...but is it something to really worry about? or is it just usual

i doubt that im pushing 400-450 hp if i did that would be cool but i just want to clearify whats making my clutch not work the way it should and i have the edge on the lowest setting and it slips and on the stock clutch it barely, barely did it if not at all. but i think i might need to work it a little........?

Work it!!! Use the pedal and don't slip it unless you absolutely have to. When you start out from a light use 1st (and get used to it, your clutch will thank you) and don't take 10 seconds to come out on it. The OFE is a great clutch, been running one for over 90k now, but it does NOT like to be slipped or babied. By the same token, until it has seated you have to take care, and if you were hammering on it the day it went in it's possible you have slicked it over a bit. Keep the pedal throws short and sweet for a week or so and see what happens.

ok i usually start in my first gear, everyone wonders y but i just do for some reason but ill keep that in mind when im driving and see what happenens in a week or so. i guess i was a little eager to see what power i could get to the rear wheels yesterday cause with my stock there wasnt much that i could enjoy, but ill definitly try what you said.

my truck did this too! i thought i did something wrong so i pulled the trans again and nothing. i called southbend and they said this is normal. mine is the con-fe tho. they said that all new clutches do this for a few hundred miles. i drove mine stop and go for a while and now it works great. its a little grabby but i got used to it.

ok thats good that im not the only one that is having this, sorry to hear that you had to take yours apart agian and find out that its normal. but thanks for your input im gonna give it try and just drive and shift it like i should and see how it turns out.