Clutch Help> Quick

ok well im pretty much settled on a DD southbend 3250 sprung hub clutch. but now do i get a 1 1/4 input shaft or a 1 3/8?? my truck being an 2001 manufactured in 9/00

Do not hold me to this, but I am pretty sure that since the truck is an H.O. it is going to be the 1 3/8 input. I know my '00 has the 1 1/4, but it is not an H.O., also the there is a sale going on for the South Bend DD I have seen a couple of places.

Rick

ok well im pretty much settled on a DD southbend 3250 sprung hub clutch. but now do i get a 1 1/4 input shaft or a 1 3/8?? my truck being an 2001 manufactured in 9/00

Do not hold me to this, but I am pretty sure that since the truck is an H.O. it is going to be the 1 3/8 input. I know my '00 has the 1 1/4, but it is not an H.O., also the there is a sale going on for the South Bend DD I have seen a couple of places.

Rick

What he said ^^^

The High Output packages were started really early because of the Duramax coming out at the time. If you have the 1 1/4 input shaft it would raise alot of eyebrows.

You are right in the transition period, the early 6spds did have the smaller input shaft, but they were not made that way for long. I think my truck has a build date very close to yours and does have the 1 3/8 so you should be OK.

Also, just an FYI for folks, there were a very limited number of SO trucks produced with the 6spd, all of them have the smaller input.

Back