Coated Piston

What did you set the second ring to? I'm still baffled why I stuck pistons with .035 top and .022 second ring gaps. I've been told that my oil film may have broken down because of the hard to spool combination I was running.

I ran .035 on the second ring. I'm surprised you could get the second ring gaps that tight. The keystone top ring probably didn't like the tight gap on the second ring.

Paul

I think that's a good idea Paul. If I remember correctly, the exhaust valves are 100% inconel and can handle the heat better. Just remember to cut the correct angle. Intake is 30* and exhaust is 45*

I had new seats put in the intake side, and ground to the angle of exhaust valve. Hopefully they will handle the head better, and maybe flow a little better.

I ran .035 on the second ring. I'm surprised you could get the second ring gaps that tight. The keystone top ring probably didn't like the tight gap on the second ring.

Paul
LOL I'm just a novice engine builder. I may have written the gaps down backwards. I should go out and see what they measured at the end of the season.