Cometic mls failed!

I have one from PDP. I got the whole shabang from Garrett.
I have absolutely nothing but good to say about PDP and Garrett.

Tony, I just ordered some parts from Garrett today. He was very helpful. Did you get your head oringed?? Did you have them make the rings as well??

Sarge1 said:
Tony, I just ordered some parts from Garrett today. He was very helpful. Did you get your head oringed?? Did you have them make the rings as well??

Yes, I hade him stage 2 port and polish, 5 angle valve job, backcut valve, 60# springs, cut orings and install orings, and a .020 marine gasket.

I did ARP studs. Initial torque #125, warmed up engine and let cool overnight retorqued to #130, drove about 500 miles with little boost and retorqued COLD to #140. I have about 1000 miles on it and I will be doing/checking torque this weekend. I have really beat on it and it seems to be holding:cheer: .

Garrett and Joker12valve (his porter) do great work.

Tony, thats good news to hear. I will see if the cometics are any better by the summer, I think i just might be getting a cut head from Pure Diesel and go marine HG, Thanks

Sarge1 said:
Tony, thats good news to hear. I will see if the cometics are any better by the summer, I think i just might be getting a cut head from Pure Diesel and go marine HG, Thanks

JMO, just do the orings and be done with it.
Are you going with ARPs also?

Sarge1 said:
Are the 12mm new arp's the best, how is the A1's PDP has??

The ARP New Age are supposed to be awesome, we will be trying them in our other pulling truck build, we'll see if they hold, they claim the strength of 14mm studs.

We have sold several sets of the ARP & A1 studs & we personally run the A1 studs in our tow rig. I have however HEARD on here and from others (none of my customers) of broken ARP studs when torquing them.

The A1 studs were higher priced than the ARP for a time, but have come back down in price to be competitive with ARP.

Thanks Garrett for the info and getting my address corrected as well. I heard of ones breaking the older arp's. Never had probs with the arp's in my gassers so i will prob go with arp's.

my cometic mls failed too with less than 1k miles. cometic wouldn't call me back.