Commonrail manifold on 12V

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Can you use a commonrail manifold on a 12V to fit the turbo closer to the block on a superduty swap?

I know the holes are round on CR and square on 12V....

Look for a manifold out of a bus or box truck. Same turbo placement with 12v ports.

you can get a freightliner manifold that mounts in exactly the same location or you can just port out the 24v manifold... it won't flow as well as the FL manifold, but if you've got one on hand, I'd build it w/ the CR manifold and move forward

Yeah I've got a CR manifold in a pile in the garge. I come across FL manifolds every once in a blue moon. I just never thought I would need one so I haven't bought one yet.

That's the one its hard to find! I have a buddy who has one but I think its cracked or something is wrong with it.

I find plenty of them when I don't need them!

I will port mine in the spring when I swap in the new motor.

That is the truck I built there. Ben just let me use some space there because I don't have a garage to work in. I DID however used to do all of his 7.3L work in trade to use his garage, other than that he had nothing to do with the Truck.

That was nice of him. I met him one time a couple years back at IRP nationals. Super nice guy!
hope he is staying busy these days

I have one laying around if your interested it has a hole tapped for egt probe its not cracked
That's the one its hard to find! I have a buddy who has one but I think its cracked or something is wrong with it.

I find plenty of them when I don't need them!