Comp turbo?

Vest_racing

I see these turboes are getting more popular here in europe.
Www.compturbo.com

Anyone ever looked into these?

I'm looking into diffrent turbos for a new setup on my truck, thats why I'm asking..:)

I've been running two of their triple ball bearing turbos for the last three years. 64 over an 80, great turbos.
85b62e18.jpg

264dd9da.jpg

c1a11773.jpg

Last edited:
I've been very intrigued with their stuff, but I never could get them to send me maps for their chargers so I went elsewhere.

Do you believe the ball bearing turbos spool sooner than a comparable sized journal bearing turbo?

I know a lot of the Mustang guys have been running those turbos a lot.

The biggest advantage of their triple ball bearing is its oil less. But the mustang guys are also claiming around 300 RPM faster spool up. I know that's an apple to oranges comparison however.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Oil less is incorrect. They have an oil less version for certain applications. They also have an option for oil and water cooled center sections.
I have a 80/87 triple. I would have had results sooner but my head gasket took a chit and have been waiting for a new head to be installed.
They wont give you maps because they engineered these turbos from the ground up, they are not pieces and parts off oe applications like the garrets and similar. However if you call and talk to Justin there he is more than willing to tell you any flow numbers you would like to know.
I plan on running these in a large twin set this coming spring.
Big difference the turbine wheel is not stepped, an 87 is a straight 87.
qyzy3eja.jpg

gy8e5ata.jpg

tu7a7u7u.jpg

ujuturan.jpg

ega8a9a7.jpg

Last edited:
Kai...
Who did your piping for the newest chargers,its looks really nice?

Are these the chargers you had on when you upset the Vette owner the other week while towing your boat?.(Mike was standing near me when you told him that story,LOL)

How much sooner do these spool up over the original set you had on the truck when I last seen it?

Going to make a change on the Black Truck and their turbos are high on my list....Thanks....Andy

Those Comp turbo's looks real nice..:)

I was thinking about going to try a twin setup on the head, but was told that it's not a good setup.

So I will build a tripple setup this winter.
I really like the tial housings for the garret tough.

Last edited:
Those Comp turbo's looks real nice..:)

I was thinking about going to try a twin setup on the head, but was told that it's not a good setup.

So I will build a tripple setup this winter.
I really like the tial housings for the garret tough.
Comp has a Tial option as well i think.

I know a lot of the Mustang guys have been running those turbos a lot.

The biggest advantage of their triple ball bearing is its oil less. But the mustang guys are also claiming around 300 RPM faster spool up. I know that's an apple to oranges comparison however.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

What Mustang guys are you talking about? I've seen a few, but most that I know of run Precision, Garrett or Borg Warner.

Big difference the turbine wheel is not stepped, an 87 is a straight 87.

I've seen a few instances where this ends up being nothing but problems. There was a looong thread about it on another forum where the turbo was sent back a few times and eventually they machined the turbine wheel or put a more typical wheel in it.

I remember your thread when you bought yours Joel; I said it then and I'll say it again, I really hope you have better luck.

We did back to back testing vs e.d same tune we made 110 more hp with e.d

Kai...
Who did your piping for the newest chargers,its looks really nice?

Are these the chargers you had on when you upset the Vette owner the other week while towing your boat?.(Mike was standing near me when you told him that story,LOL)

How much sooner do these spool up over the original set you had on the truck when I last seen it?

Going to make a change on the Black Truck and their turbos are high on my list....Thanks....Andy

Thanks Andy, I built the piping myself, and yes they've been on the truck since 2010. They've been to Wyoming twice, Iowa and Florida, probably close to 60K miles on them now. The tune in my truck is far from optimal probably. I'm just running SSR with numbers that I arrived at driving the truck, no dyno tuning. Turbos start to light at 1500rpm pretty good. Once they have a couple pounds the boost gauge takes off like a single charger. Truck blows the tires off they hit so hard from a 30-40mph roll :).

Danny...
I am not going to argue with you on your findings but is it possible you could elaborate what two turbo's you compared before you make a vague statement like that?.

Kai....
Thank You!.........Andy

With what variation of turbos?

I can't recall the flow numbers off hand but i know i was between the turbo i chose and a GTX4508, the 4508 was short and came on later compared to the 80/87 i chose according to the numbers i was given.

They wont give you maps because they engineered these turbos from the ground up, they are not pieces and parts off oe applications like the garrets and similar. However if you call and talk to Justin there he is more than willing to tell you any flow numbers you would like to know.

I get that, but having talked to Justin a few times, the only numbers he would give me were "it will flow way more than a comparable charger from anyone else" There are about four guys on the planet I'll buy from when they say something like that, everyone else has to give me numbers to get me to buy.