Comp turbo?

Looks like he only made one run with the ed charger and three runs with the comp turbo. If the two runs in orange are the ed charger then who's to say the first run wasn't a botched ryn and he didn't load the charger right. A second run to back up the big hp run would be nice.

Last edited:
Dyno graph, made 1 pull with e.d charger at same pulse and everything as comp, I will tune e.d charger in more for a end result but I wanted same day, same tune comparisons..

Danny....
Did you make any changes to the tuning at all when the last run was made?.

The two chargers look almost identical when you made the first pull,then the last pull with the ED it gains 110HP over its first run.......I'll call BS on this one.

You can not dispute the numbers but I say you made a tuning change to get the bigger ED charger lit and rolling and it shows with the 110hp gain.

Why even get into this thread if you can not post factual info using the same tunes for both chargers across the board?.

looks to me like he did post factual info ... either you did not read the above quote in bold or you just like jumping to conclusions

There is a lot not being said to net 110hp on a turbo swap.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Theres two runs with the ed charger as its orange one is still more then the comp but then the 110 hp more pull. Then he said he made one pull at the same so same tuning didnt net much gain but a tuning change got 110 more or did he mess up with dyno graphs or what?

Last edited:
Once my truck is up and going here shortly i will be more than willing to swap in any other 80/87 t-4. I currently have a .90 housing but i plan on getting the 1.15. I got these new Apex 7.5's to fully fuel however much air i can through at it too.

Last edited:
Dave...
Do you really believe that no changes were made to the tuning?....
If you look the ED turbo spent most of its time under the power curve(from 2600-3400)and then ran into big power above that.The 2 curves are completely different and show the timing change necessary to get the bigger ED charger lit.

So to answer your statement,I did not jump to any conclusions,just answered by what I have seen and know happens with these CR Motors when strapped to a jet.

redram04...
There 2 runs with each charger,purple is the Comp Turno and Orange is the ED charger.

Dave...
If you look the ED turbo spent most of its time under the power curve(from 2600-3400)and then ran into big power above that.The 2 curves are completely different and show the timing change necessary to get the bigger ED charger lit.

So to answer your statement,I did not jump to any conclusions,just answered by what I have seen and know happens with these CR Motors when strapped to a jet.

redram04...
There 2 runs with each charger,purple is the Comp Turno and Orange is the ED charger.

I thought this exact discussion was had in another thread at one point.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Danny....
Did you make any changes to the tuning at all when the last run was made?.

The two chargers look almost identical when you made the first pull,then the last pull with the ED it gains 110HP over its first run.......I'll call BS on this one.

You can not dispute the numbers but I say you made a tuning change to get the bigger ED charger lit and rolling and it shows with the 110hp gain.

Why even get into this thread if you can not post factual info using the same tunes for both chargers across the board?.

No tuning changes simply bolted it on.

I'm not typically a finger pointer but I call bs too.
Did you tell them you want a charger with a 2.6 inducer? The biggest turbo they make that is close to a 2.6 inducer is a 67mm, and thats still a 3.0". Was it the cast center section Journal Bearing with standard wheel by any chance?
Or did you tell them "build me the baddest 2.6 charger you have" as you previously said? If so what was the specs?
We all know there is a big difference and it seems half the story was left out. Again im not another jackass calling bull ****, just want the facts.
I personally dont care if my Comp works or it doesnt, i just wanted to try something new and see how it works.

If you think a 67mm is a 3.0 you shouldn't be putting turbos on your truck... Lol the one run I did with the e.d turbo is 110hp more I have 2 more runs on e.d turbo I took the best runs from comp.. The 2 bottem which if you can read a dyno graph self explains which one is which.. Facts... Dyno is facts run
Comp made 28-31psi max e.d made 46.. Don't blame dyno error this dyno will take anything and back it up within 3%

Last edited:
It's not a dyno jet either, also timing.... I hope you don't tune trucks.. You think timing moved that graph.. That's comp 92mm exhaust .90 housing cause they said that's best :/ vs e.d t4 96 1.10... Do the math on a roller, don't get pissy and call bs you wanted facts, I just showed you my facts that I've found

I'm so tired of people wanting facts then I spend money and time Nd you still wanna call b.s, waist your money then.

Yeah, I'm sorry but any true turbo builder or competition can look at the comp turbo and see atleast 75hp if not more to be made in cover alone..... Can you not see that? Why in the hell would you feed the wheel through a gap smaller than the map.... The wheel has zero cut to it...you like feeding air into a direct wall?

Yeah, I'm sorry but any true turbo builder or competition can look at the comp turbo and see atleast 75hp if not more to be made in cover alone..... Can you not see that? Why in the hell would you feed the wheel through a gap smaller than the map.... The wheel has zero cut to it...you like feeding air into a direct wall?

Agreed, they don't seem to be aware of the current "state of the art" methods.

I would think the crossectional area of the opening feeding the map is large enough(it is on a larger diameter than the 2.6), but as you said, they haven't figured out all of the tricks of the trade yet.

Dave...

redram04...

Yes Andy I can believe that no changes were made as I have had the same results going from the wrong turbine/housing combo to a better turbine/housing combo.

As far as your power curve comment yes the ED charger is lazy but where on a 2.6 truck are we trying to make power? The two curves show the differences in turbine wheels not necessarily timing changes.