Competition and Stock 12v Cylinder Head Pics

ohh you guys.. i've missed this site.. so much useful info hidden among inside jokes and flat out open personal attacks...

Should we further the derailling with talk of tacos??? Clam taco??

the head pic with no coolant plugs - who makes it - as it is obviously aftermarket with only one drain in the valve and pushrod area as well as frost plugs in the same area - is it a Hamilton?

ohh you guys.. i've missed this site.. so much useful info hidden among inside jokes and flat out open personal attacks...

Should we further the derailling with talk of tacos??? Clam taco??

Stuffed clam taco!!!! As for the cam, No sense in doing tons of port work and then running a "drop in street cam". Imo

from phone

on the subject, does anyone here port through the push rod holes on the intake runner on purpose? I have a head that I did and I need to sleeve, wondering what people are doing for sleeves

I used .035 wall stainless

and this is no easy job - as the sleeve isn't held at the top where it protrudes into the valve train pocket so you need to weld or epoxy the sleeve into place - I used epoxy for fear of cracking the thin cast iron by welding

Last edited:
I wonder if a very thin wall sleeve could be pushed in with an interference fit just in the affected area

Though admittedly I have no idea of the clearance required between the sleeve and the pushrod

1eea705a.jpg

Son of A thats sweet!