Competition Pulling with the g56

farmtruck09

What's the best options on bulletproofing my g56 to compete in pulls with? I see ats and the gorilla trannys are available. Swap to NV, Or just run the torque shield and dd I have now? Currently swapping my 700hp motor out for my full built 2.5 build to compete...thanks

Swap to an NV.
The aluminum cases just don't seem to like the pressure.

Junkyard 4500, billet input, and keep it in 4th. That's what Dan Vallance used for the longest time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junkyard 4500, billet input, and keep it in 4th. That's what Dan Vallance used for the longest time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Good idea to swap out the aluminum tail shaft housing for a cast iron one. An NV4500 with those upgrades at the power level in 4th gear is practically indestructible.

I have a nv4500 that needs rebuilt, 2nd gear got chewed up. Would be willing to trade you for the g56 plus some cash on my end.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I see your location says Washington, is that in regards to the state or a city? If its the state, i would rather just keep my nv4500 vs selling it to you sense you will most likely not be able to see it before buying since I am located in southern Indiana. Its all torn apart laying in a large pan. All the parts are supposedly there but I don't want to sell it to you to come to find out they aren't there.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I see your location says Washington, is that in regards to the state or a city? If its the state, i would rather just keep my nv4500 vs selling it to you sense you will most likely not be able to see it before buying since I am located in southern Indiana. Its all torn apart laying in a large pan. All the parts are supposedly there but I don't want to sell it to you to come to find out they aren't there.

Ya I'm in the state... Sorry wish we were closer! I'm gunna run girdle g56 till she pops