Compound Turbo Kit

cut7

This is a kit I designed & built myself (I am a Mechanical Engineer). All welding & fabrication is of the highest quality. It comes with an HE351 over an S475 1.32. It has external wastegates on both turbos (38mm & 45mm respectively — though it's not needed on the S475 unless you really throw a ton of fuel at it.) Both gates are dual acting, meaning that you can put pressure on both sides of the diaphragm; thereby allowing you to primary reference your secondary waste gate. The HE351 has a billet wheel, & the stock internal waste gate is welded shut. It has a 3-piece DPS manifold. Everything is ceramic coated inside & out for thermal efficiency; & to keep under hood temps cooler.

What's included in this sale? The manifold, both turbos, the hot-pipe & intermediate pipe, the waste gates & associated pipes; the lower support bracket; in short, everything you need to bolt it up to your motor. All you need to do is hook up oil feed & drain lines, connect the high pressure turbo to your existing intercooler lead pipe, fit a downpipe to the S475 & you're up & running! Incidentally, this will fit in a Ford (for a Fummins swap) unlike other kits out there.

The S475 was brand new when I built the kit, & the HE351 was completely rebuilt & balanced with the aforementioned billet wheel.

I have driven this kit for about 30K miles. It starts spooling at 1250 rpm, will produce 40 lbs. of boost by 1600 rpm, & can produce 75 lbs. (if your motor & fuel system can handle it) all the while keeping both turbos well within their respective maps; so as not to overstress either turbo. I have towed 12k lbs. up 8% grades at 65mph in 124°F in the Nevada desert, whilst maintaining 1250°F EGT.

Why am I selling it? Well, I'm building an ever higher performance compound system — again, of my own design — that will spool instantly (by that I mean tap the accelerator at idle & get 15 lbs. of boost). It will produce 7 pounds of boost at 900 rpm, 40 lbs. at 1200, & max out around 90 lbs; which should be available from 1500 to 4000 rpm; perfect for towing!

Asking $3000 for the whole kit, plus shipping. I am in Southern California.

I may be persuaded to deliver — & possibly aid with install — PM me to discuss.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I would like to hear more about your new kit.

I may post details of that build in another thread; but I don't want to give away too many secrets on the off chance that I might possibly want to sell them in some sort of limited production some day. I've been designing & engineering in the high performance industry for more than 30 years, so this isn't my first rodeo. :)

I will say that the performance is due in part to the way I govern them (my own custom controller) & also the technology of the turbos themselves (which is state-of-the-art). Needless to say, the turbos alone are ridiculously expensive, which prices the whole kit way up there ($$$$).

As the old saying goes, "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it," but if you're interested, PM me.

Last edited:
The pictures seemed to have disappeared, so if anybody want's pictures, PM me.

I should add that this is currently on a 2nd gen motor, but will easily adapt to any other motor in that Cummins family.