Compressor wheel sleeve adapter

ShaferDiesel

Way To Small!
I'm wanting to swap compressor wheels around on a T04e turbo this weekend, but the new wheel I have is a 7.48 bore and the shaft is the standard 6.35mm. It seems I have seen sleeves advertised somewhere to adapt wheels, but can't for the life of me find anything like that now.

What I'm trying to do is a 6.0 powerstroke GT3782V compressor and housing on a T04, Right now I'm running the GT3782V, but I'm tired of the VGT crap and trying to control it, but love how the compressor flows on my engine. So my stupid ass is like "they're both garrets, so shaft size might be the same, (turns wrenches for a few minuts) nope, GT is bigger than the T04, but that won't stop me" but now I'm stumped, for a minute...damnit

got a lathe handy? wouldn't be hard to make one, making one true enough to keep the wheel true would be a challenge though, and you'd definitely need to balance it as an assembly, I don't see any way you could get it true enough to balance out unless you just got really lucky.

yes i have a good lathe, but i feel the need to hold tolerances to .0002 and don't have a way to do so on such a small part. i may just go try it anyway.

how did you do it? I'm thinking of using an old wheel and OD grinding it down to size while it's still on the shaft, until I can press fit the new wheel on.

I just used my lathe and reamed it to size. Just need to indicate the tail stock in dead accurate or put it ID in first and make a mandrel. Then do the od