connector tubes

cumminspower88

help me out guys i've been trying to find a set of after marker connector tubes but cant seem to find any. does anybody know where i can find them?

sold my old injectors, getting ready to put new ones in. basically doing the whole fuel system. replacing everything but the vp. i'm getting ready to put on a fass, .093 lines, custom ddp's. and i'm not really looking for and hp gain out of the tubes. i just figure bigger hole= more fuel. plus my budy had a big set in his and it has an awesome sounding idle to it..

a budy of mine picked up a set last year at diesel extravaganza from scheids booth, but i cant seem to find them on their web site, i tried ddp and others as well.

there's no such thing as aftermarket tubes. Just drilled out stock tubes. Drilling them makes no noticeable difference at all. All you're doing is removing another line of defense ( the edge filter ) and taking a chance with getting crap into the injector.

I had a set and replaced them with a stock set and literally saw no difference. IMO, your money can benefit in other places

there's no such thing as aftermarket tubes. Just drilled out stock tubes. Drilling them makes no noticeable difference at all. All you're doing is removing another line of defense ( the edge filter ) and taking a chance with getting crap into the injector.

I had a set and replaced them with a stock set and literally saw no difference. IMO, your money can benefit in other places

Kinda where I was headed ^^

The idle probably isn't from the tubes either.....

i realize i'm not going to notice a difference. but once i put the injectors in and install the fass, my truck will pretty much be where i want it for the summer, so call me stupid but i'm willing to drop some cash on something pointless. i'm not saying i'm rich by any means, but its just money, they print that stuff all the time.

i'm probably one of the last people that would vote for that sory S.O.B. maybe u misunderstood. i work for every dollar i have. i dont collect govt. checks

i'm probably one of the last people that would vote for that sory S.O.B. maybe u misunderstood. i work for every dollar i have. i dont collect govt. checks

I'm sorry If that came across wrong man!! I was just pokin at cha man!!

I just couldn't miss the chance to comment on that one!!:Cheer:

No hard feelings!!!

Actually with that combo he will also gain a Loss of HP!

Could you expand on that some? I'm curious about this.

Smokem dynoed a set of larger tubes one time if i remember correctly and made a few extra hp with them. I'm not sure on what his setup was though.

I dynoed larger lines and tubes several years back on a VP truck and all combos yeilded a net loss of HP. I have seen one or two dyno sheets that actually showed a 2-3 HP gain using just tubes but the majority have shown a loss......

Doug

all the trucks i have seen that run the larger tubes and lines loose a few HP accept on the trucks with the big pumps that are revving them out there, they might pick up a few in the upper rpm above 3250, but if your only running an so or hrvp i would say no on the big lines, if you have a dragon or a monster then go for it, it might help $.02

Cumminspower, your a douche. Dont you know you will never make any power with those tubes. But if you want, i can get you a set for 150$
Its 25$ dollars apiece to remove the edge filters, laser to whatever size you want and comes with the new orings installed.

Tim

Could you expand on that some? I'm curious about this.

Smokem dynoed a set of larger tubes one time if i remember correctly and made a few extra hp with them. I'm not sure on what his setup was though.

i beleive thewere the tubes were edm to .078 same size as stock lines but would have to ask him to make sure. anyting bigger than .078 on a sovp or hrvp hurt you.

so where do i aquire a set of the stock size tubes without the filters..or can i just knock em out..drill em out...