Continous whining at front of engine

Sharpie

Hello all, a couple months ago I heard this whining noise as I was slowing down to stop at the 4-way in town. I was almost home so I waited and checked it out when i got there. Come to find out there was oil in the cooling system and my engine was pushing oil out around the side cover. Anyway, long story short, I replaced the head gasket, had the head milled .010". I was hoping the whining noise would be gone after I replaced the gasket but it is still there. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Truck runs fine, no problems other than this noise. Kinda sounds like a Pete Jackson noisey gear drive for a SBC. I took the belt off and cranked it hoping that maybe it was an accessory making the noise, but no luck. Could the cam be trying to walk out causing this? Oil pump or vacuum pump? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

id say either the IP or the vac pump... possibly worn gears on the gear drive under the front cover.

I do know that the vacuum pump is missing a tooth, but its been that way ever since I've owned the truck. Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'm gonna pull the front cover and look around.

You can pull your oil filler neck off to get a peak at the cam gear, it should be flush with the IP gear. If it's not flush, the gear's coming off.

Mine was makin the same whinning.... it was my oil pump. The idler gear on the oil pump is pressed in. And it came unpressed and the way the teeth are shaped on the gear it was pushin it out against the timing cover as it spun. That was my whining noise

Mine was makin the same whinning.... it was my oil pump. The idler gear on the oil pump is pressed in. And it came unpressed and the way the teeth are shaped on the gear it was pushin it out against the timing cover as it spun. That was my whining noise
Thanks to everyone that replied back. I haven't been back on here in a few days. I found out Monday night what the problem was. It was what Phatboy07 said, the oil pump idler gear must have gaulded to the shaft making the shaft spin inside the oil pump housing. I just went through the engine, this pump didn't have but 3000 miles on it. So I located my old pump cleaned it up and put it back on. Everything back to normal for now. Thank Ya'll