controlling a 4l80e behind a 12v

69charged

hello all. hows it going? have not been in here for awhile.
anyway, friend of mine just bought a 1994 chev crew that has gotten a 12v cummins swap and he is having trouble with the tranny shifting. the guy he bought it from said that the tranny was rebuilt 3 months ago so for the time being, he is ruling that out. it is running a pcs tranny module and he has yet to hook it to the computer to see what is going on. i thought i would ask you guys (the experts) what your opinion is on the module and is there maybe a better wayof doing this? anyone have experience with this controller?
that would be great
thanks
clarence

have you had any time with it? just wondering if it sounds like a pcs tune issue or a tranny internal issue. i know it is hard to diagnose over the internet but thought i would throw that out there. he is saying that it is shifting to early in the first 3 gears then the way he made it sound is that it does not go into o.d.
going down the highway he is revving at 2300 at 65 mph with 33" tires which seems awefully high to me. not going into o.d. would explain but i think that the gearing is very high as well. all speculation as he has yet to rip it apart.
thanks for the replies
clarence

Send me a copy of the program in the TCU and also send me a datalog as that is what is needed to see what is going on.

Tim