Coolant sensor not working and might be causing problems

Its a 2 wire and yes the -40 is the minimum and it stayed the same with the sensor plugged in and unplugged. What kind of resistor would I use to test the system?

See if you can find a potentiometer so you can range it and see a change

Monkey Fist Rage

Think I could find anything like that at radio shack. I'll have a new sensor tm and I'm praying that will fix it but I know its not very likely.

Think I could find anything like that at radio shack. I'll have a new sensor tm and I'm praying that will fix it but I know its not very likely.

That depends on whether it's a RadioShack or one of the toy stores they have turned into.

A 0-10 pot should let you check most circuits. You will have to solder jumper wires.

Monkey Fist Rage

Okay I got a new coolant sensor and put it in, still no change and I have a couple codes for it. I checked the continuity with a multi meter between the 2 wires with the key off and got around 7.5 but with the key on its just showing OL, can some one check to see what it should be with the key on please and does this mean the ecm is bad?

Bump again .. Is it possibly an ecm issue?
Okay I got a new coolant sensor and put it in, still no change and I have a couple codes for it. I checked the continuity with a multi meter between the 2 wires with the key off and got around 7.5 but with the key on its just showing OL, can some one check to see what it should be with the key on please and does this mean the ecm is bad?

I'm curious about your continuity check. You can't check ohms with the key on. That caused your OL.
I think you have the wrong pin or a pin not seated.

Monkey Fist Rage

Curious where you got the info for the repin 05-06 I've had an 06 ecm for years and would love to switch to EFI but never been able to access the schematic for the swap.
One pin to the sensor should be 5 volts with key on the other is reference back, don't have 06 prints in hand.
Please Pm if interested in helping another Fummins owner out !!!! Thanks

does the new sensor ohm out different than the old one?

have you tried re-flashing to your stock tune just to see?

if the sensor is fine and you are sure it is pinned correctly and the wires ohm out correctly to the ECM, then id say ECM.

use your multimeter and ohm the sensor! use a little torch to heat it up and see if the resistance changes.

Back