CR 8,3 injectors to CR5.9 ?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Are the injectors for those two engine interchangable (mechanically)?

1. First engine
Cummins CR (24V) 8.3 marine (QSC.8,3-M ) -600 HP

2. Second engine
Cummins CR (24V) 5.9 (automotive CHrysler) - 325 HP

:pop:

Do you have part numbers? I can ask our Cummins rep here...=)

injector

WOW!!!!! I work for cummins and have never seen or heard of a 600hp rated 8.3L. 425hp yes. Qsx11,Qsx15, and Sig 600 no longer needed.?

In a marine application, where there is an endless supply of cooling water, you can push an engine a lot harder!

The B's go to 425hp IIRC
Chris

so there are no emissions in a marine app.? an engine is not built and tuned unless it passes tier 3 as of now. I would think something floating around in the ocean would definately have to meet an emission standard. :rules:

Just because you work for Cummins doesn't mean you know it all!

QSC8.3 = 540HP A sweet boat called the EarthRace is sporting twin QSC-540's
So would the injectors for it work for ya.

After reviewing other engines there is also a 600hp one and some others lower hp ones.

Last edited:
who said they know it all.? You don't know what it takes to make that kind of power and pass emissions. how many teir 3 schools have you been too? much less tier 4. I know what a problem child 8.3CR will push in the HP dept. that is not in question. emissions and whether or not it is being offered as a FACTORY rated option is in question. these motors are unaltered cummins 8.3CR? yeah right! anymore useful info that they don't teach me at the factory would be appreciated.:eek:wned: :thankyou2: :kick:

Last edited:
sootman said:
who said they know it all.? You don't know what it takes to make that kind of power and pass emissions. how many teir 3 schools have you been too? much less tier 4. I know what a problem child 8.3CR will push in the HP dept. that is not in question. emissions and whether or not it is being offered as a FACTORY rated option is in question. these motors are unaltered cummins 8.3CR? yeah right! anymore useful info that they don't teach me at the factory would be appreciated.:eek:wned: :thankyou2: :kick:

Why don't you just go to www.cmdmarine.com and check it out yourself! And anyone else who wants to see them check it out.

No BS here just facts that I can prove.

:eek:wned:

cummins HP ratings are decided by the app. another manufacturer needs the engine to perform at RELIABLE standards, NOT because they want to impress you with HP numbers.*bdh*

the QSC8.3 you are looking at last time I checked has a different fuel delivery system then the 5.9CR. not even close. I will take a pretty pic at work tommorrow for you.:bang :pop:

So what your saying is it has a different fueling system? Meaning its not a common rail or its not a Bosch common rail and its a Cummins fuel system or what that is the question they are trying to find out. Your the one who said "WOW!!!!! I work for cummins and have never seen or heard of a 600hp rated 8.3L. 425hp yes." Or do you not remember that? If not scroll the page up and read what you wrote, the question was can you swap those injectors! They even gave you a part number Mr. Cummins Tech. so why don't you find out instead of feeding us full of a bunch of BS!

I am living it. you are reading it off of an internet site. A common rail is a commonrail. except they have larger pumps,rails,injectors,etc....the "C" series 8.3L uses a big ass pump to feed big injectors. big pump requires bigger gears to drive bigger pump. if the sticks in ? will actuall fit in the head now we need to feed them. go and flip some more hamburgers someones waiting in the drivethru. the 600HP motor you found is not an on road application. offroad use only. only has to pass tier 2 emissions at this time. when you get your smoke break read some more on the spec sheet. I can send you specs on all the motors if you like?:bang *bdh* too you astross I did not notice you had marine app. in parenthesis. none of this is aimed towards you.

Last edited by a moderator:
sootman said:
I am living it. you are reading it off of an internet site. numbnuts a common rail is a commonrail. except they have larger pumps,rails,injectors,etc....the "C" series 8.3L uses a big ass pump to feed big injectors. big pump requires bigger gears to drive bigger pump. if the sticks in ? will actuall fit in the head now we need to feed them. go and flip some more hamburgers someones waiting in the drivethru. the 600HP motor you found is not an on road application. offroad use only. only has to pass tier 2 emissions at this time. when you get your smoke break read some more on the spec sheet. I can send you specs on all the motors if you like?:bang *bdh* too you astross I did not notice you had marine app. in parenthesis. none of this is aimed towards you.

Your living in your own world where you think you know everything, but its apparent that you don't. Nobody here asked if it was tier 2, 3 or 4 or if they were on or off road injectors and I'm sure they don't care, I run modified marine injectors in my truck (do I care if they passed tier 2, 3 or 4 let me think for a second "NOPE" I don't!). And I'm quite aware that a common rail is a common rail and they have a dumb (like you) pump and use solenoid activated injectors. You see some people don't follow the rules that Cummins has to, so they experiment with other systems miss matching ect.. to see if there is a possible gain. Now if the systems just won't work then they won't and thats what they are trying to figure out without actually buying or going and seeing the parts in person.
Oh ya I don't flip burgers, I'm a Diesel Mechanic and if you turn wrenches for Cummins then I make about $10per hour more than you.

pdBUSOP0012.jpg

Mr. Hat Forgives you.

:evil why don't you put a qsc8.3 in your buick ,"small and flacid.?" then you can bring it down to houston and get your ass handed to you in more ways than one. You meet me and you'll piss your panties. so you make $40 an hour. I doubt it! think you know what cummins pays their tech's. Oct. 13,14 I will introduce myself in houston. Friend or foe I play for keeps.:poke: :kick: