CR 8,3 injectors to CR5.9 ?

OK guys , I will make B and C series engines interchangable parts list tonight. :poke:

:evil

I try to do my best, but over here we speek our local estonian language :kick:

Ok, here is update:

List of interchangable parts between 12v B-series (5.9) and 12v C-series (8.3)

Valve tappaets
Cam gear
Rear crank seal
Flywheel housing
Oil pump
Fuel pump (high pressure)
Fuel pump (low pressure)

I am not 100% sure about, (because one book sayys they are interchangeble other says no):
valves
conrod
fron damper

Do we need part numbers ? :poke:

Our local bosch dealer think, 5.9 and 8.3 CR injectors are interchangable .

:kick:

Nah, that was my younger brother. Truck looks exactly like mine, but he's only half Amish. What a Nancy he is.:kick:

Yes

AsTroSS said:
Are the injectors for those two engine interchangable (mechanically)?

I did a little checking and the two part numbers you listed (both good #'s) will fit. They will interchange meaning they fit. Can't say they'll work, but they will fit.

Snedge said:
AsTroSS said:
Are the injectors for those two engine interchangable (mechanically)?

I did a little checking and the two part numbers you listed (both good #'s) will fit. They will interchange meaning they fit. Can't say they'll work, but they will fit.

Thanks,:bow:

Sorry, but not me(near future).

I just try to do homework and collect infromation.

Currently i have only 12V engines, but..... maybe soon ........ CR5.9 will be in my garage,

I re-read this complete topic and its very funny.

We have 3 type of opinions:

1. They might fit. Thanks to Snedge, we here need more members like you

2. They never fit,( you are completly crazy). Special thanks to mr Cummins Tech (sootman), I think you have attidude problem. I have worked with engines more than 10 years, 8 years for Cummins (aslo read my post with b and c series interchangable component comparsion).

3. They will fit, but I keep this infromation for myself and I will make $$$ selling those injectors as super new design.

Thanks again, I hope somebody cant test it.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

AsTroSS said:
I re-read this complete topic and its very funny.

We have 3 type of opinions:

1. They might fit. Thanks to Snedge, we here need more members like you

2. They never fit,( you are completly crazy). Special thanks to mr Cummins Tech (sootman), I think you have attidude problem. I have worked with engines more than 10 years, 8 years for Cummins (aslo read my post with b and c series interchangable component comparsion).

3. They will fit, but I keep this infromation for myself and I will make $$$ selling those injectors as super new design.

Thanks again, I hope somebody cant test it.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

I hate too be miss qouted. I Said they WILL fit Might work. :hehe:
And by the way, your welcome. I try to help when I can, and don't type when I can't.

astross dont forget #4. only here to get the facts, and cut through some people's bs

any way to get a hole # and size on the 8.3's?

Last edited:
I'll check it out. It would be cool to have a bosch number though. They would break it down.

8.3 CR boat injector

I was able to get a bosch break down on the boat injector. No info. as far as hole sizes and # of holes, but I can say it has a 145* spray angle.

whats the angle on stock dodge injectors? i may have a way of getting some injectors from a combine, but dont have a PN yet