CR exhaust manifold on a 12v

BogginF350

Never Satisfied
I am putting together a 12v for my 99` superduty. I am looking at the ATS manifolds and just by looking would a CR manifold give me gobs more of room in the a/c box area of the ford? I plan on running a silver bullet on it. I just dont want any interference problems when the swap day comes. Will the manifold even bolt up to the 12v?

Last edited:
BogginF350 said:
I am putting together a 12v for my 99` superduty. I am looking at the ATS manifolds and just by looking would a CR manifold give me gobs more of room in the a/c box area of the ford? I plan on running a silver bullet on it. I just dont want any interference problems when the swap day comes. Will the manifold even bolt up to the 12v?

NO, it won't. Ports are totally different.

Mine works because it was port matched to the CR manifold, it will bolt up but you got square ports on a stock 12v head and round holes on the CR. No problems here.

Trapper said:
Mine works because it was port matched to the CR manifold, it will bolt up but you got square ports on a stock 12v head and round holes on the CR. No problems here.

Are the cr head ports larger than the 12v? And did it help with turbo placement?

I tried a CR manifold on my F-250 and it put the turbo (stock HX35) way to low. It interfered with the suspension components.

9 LIVES said:
I tried a CR manifold on my F-250 and it put the turbo (stock HX35) way to low. It interfered with the suspension components.

thanks, like the shock mounts?

I would have to do away with the shock mount to let the intercooler elbow make room.

I have a Htt SledPuller66 fit just fine a PITA to put in but if you adjust the turbo it will fit. And you shouldn't have any problem with the suspension. Now I really don't think I can do a set of twins this way. And the CR manifold ports are bigger.

Flip a cr over and make about a 110 deg adapter or use a 2nd gen and flip it over.

Bean I have thought about that. I could end up with a lot of room for a big turbo?

Thanks Bean, I am actually going to be calling you for an adapter. Also I want to use a Tqshift convertor w/ my 4r100. So be ready for questions.