cr head 12v block

JakeDiesel

I just got a 12v block p pump with a cracked head for $200. I want to get atleast 600hp, i know that a 12v head can do that but since its cracked i was woundering what was involved in using a cr head thanks

Two issues I see...

1. The pistons for the 12v wont work with the 24v style heads and injectors. You're going to need to put 24v pistons in it.

2. The intake plenum on the CR head hits the injection pump, requiring a hole be cut in the head to create clearance.

For what it's worth, given your modest goals, I'd get a 12v head...the CR head seems to be a lot of extra hassle...trust me. :)

Yeah but would the 12v cam work or would i need to use a 24v cam.
I am looking at the helix 2 cam

If I were to use a cr head what kind of injectors would i need to use, or would they need to be costum injectors

Assuming you still plan to run a p7100 you can jsut use 24v ISB injectors.

you will also need custom lines made up. Scheid made mine.

So a 24 valve head will fit on a 12 valve block with a little work? I haven't seen any this before. I realize the piston difference and some of the oil and water oil, is that all the difference?

CR sticks are electronic...ISB sticks are not. They operate off of pressure the way a 12v injector does. You can have them set to work with p-pump pop off pressure, wherever you get them from should be able to set them for your project.

no sweat man...all this is floating around this forum in various places btw