CR Rods w/ ARP Bolts

whitmo21

What's about power limit running CR rods w/ ARP bolts? Was thinking around 800 but are guys pushing it further?

Iwould recommend at the very least polished 12v rods,
especially with any kind of low end aggressive running at that level..

I think it's been said time and time again. It's more of an rpm issue than power. Make power down low with quick spooling twins, etc. and watch the bottom end go boom. Make power up high and they will live forever. I personally know one of the top 2.5 commonrails in my area has never had his engine out of his truck yet and to this day it still lives at 1,000 or more hp. But he also comes off the line at 5k and never lugs it

Hmm I was thinking higher RPM would be where you would start finding weak links...with how heavy the pistons and wrist pins are. Thanks for the good insight tho

I wouldn't be worried. Mine never let go with some abuse at 960 hp and old school 4000 rpm limiter. Never competitively sled pulled though.

Okay thanks BigNasty, I plan to just twist mine 4000k too. That's the plan anyway lol

They're not indestructible by far, but I'm not so sure the deserve the rap they get. I believe they're just as strong as the older rods, just they'll break before they bend. I wouldn't put them in a performance engine if I were already building it, but I wouldn't be afraid to run a stock short block up to 800-900 either, on a 5.9 platform.

Yeah agreed.. Ive rebuilt my motor but just kept my stock rods but put ARP bolts in em. Just didn't want to spend that kinda money on rods. Don't plan on making over 900hp anyway pulling 2.5