CR Swap time ahead...

If you decide to have someone perform the conversion for you, I would definitely recommend Joe Hellmann as well.

You make it seem like us CR guys are window-lickin hillbillies or something...

The dark side PFFT.

I have done alot of thinking lately and I think for everything my 6.0 needs I could do a swap and be happier with the end result. Looking for a donor truck now. I think I want to go with a CR 03-04.5. Not sure what trans to go with though. Guess its time to start reading a lot of threads!! I have coolant vanishing now so I need to get on this pretty quick!!

Join us Tim, it is your destiny.

Just got off the phone with Sean at FordCummins and have now officially started my search for parts and engine. Almost want to go with a 6.7 to be different but he said with a 5.9 the 5R110 would work without a standalone controller. Buying a complete 03-04 salvage/rollover truck in case anyone needs parts when I am done. I will be hitting you guys up for information because I know nothing about the cummins. Is 22mpg and 800 rwhp an achievable goal?? Thanks for your input!

I am starting the same swap. I like the destroked adapters. I would shy away from the 600 motors if you have the choice. I just picked up a 6.7 and then will try and use EFI live to get rid of the SKIM module and emissions. It really shouldn't be too hard.

Still not sure about a 5R110. I think a 48RE or a 4R100 is a better choice.

Tobin

I was thinking about the 4R100 myself but I love my 5R110 and they have a lot of the bugs worked out now so I can keep my tow/haul settings. I would rather run the adapter plate and stay away from the dodge tranny, this keeps transfer case and driveshafts where they are. They said the 5R110 can handle more torque than the Allisons. I'm sure with a suncoast kit, billet shafts and a good TC I will be pleased. Besides I have one sitting here lol. Now I just need to learn how to make a cummins run. I am thinking maybe just pick a low mile engine and throw some head studs and 100HP sticks in it and get it in. I can change turbo and add programming later.

I am starting the same swap. I like the destroked adapters. I would shy away from the 600 motors if you have the choice. I just picked up a 6.7 and then will try and use EFI live to get rid of the SKIM module and emissions. It really shouldn't be too hard.

Still not sure about a 5R110. I think a 48RE or a 4R100 is a better choice.

Tobin

Whats your reasoning for staying away from the 600s?

FYI I have never seen a cummins with a 5r110 behind it that ran like it should. Seems like no one has figured out how to tune the trans perfect

FYI I have never seen a cummins with a 5r110 behind it that ran like it should. Seems like no one has figured out how to tune the trans perfect

Yep, all the reading I have done they seem to get fed up with trying to tune the 5R110 and stick something else in the truck. At this point, I think the only transmissions to run are the 48RE and the 4R100. The pros with the 48RE is that it bolts directly to the engine, no expensive adapters, no special flywheel, no 6.0 starter. I still like the 4R100 though and am on the fence at this point.

Tobin