Crabbelle - Bobby Alther - AKA Robert Alther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipeguycan

Canadian Pipe Guy
1st let me say I HATE doing this... Buyers should not have to try to chase sellers after the sale for selling anything. ....

I have this posted on CF and it was suggested that I post this here too as this "guy" is on here more than CF

ALSO this can all be deleted if the other party comes good on the refund as they had promised....

This issue with a member with the screen name CRABBELLE / AKA Bobby Alther / AKA Robert Alther ...

I purchased a ready to run 2.8 turbo from Robert Alther AKA BOBBY (Crabbelle) it arrived with the compressor wheel stuck in the compressor housing and unable to move. I contacted the seller and he said he noticed the compressor wheel was rubbing and he replaced it prior to shipment. When it arrived the CHARGER WOULD NOT SPIN . The compressor housing was stuck to the compressor wheel. He stated he was going to refund 300 for a rebuild WAY low but at that point I would take ANYTHING.

On 10-06-2011, 03:22 PM after calling and messaging several times he sent ... " Ill send 300 back for half a rebuild charger but the charger was ran perfect and could still be ran. I know a rebuild is usually 600 on any charger. and since it has a new wheel already it should be cheaper than that. "

I have not seen a red cent from him ...

It has been several MONTHS...

He requested to be paid as a "GIFT" from paypal (should have been my 1st hint of an issue). I have address, Name, cell phone number, and he has not made any attemp to some true on this sale.

I hope one of two things come from this posting ...

1) I hope Robert Alther (Crabbelle) refunds the $300US that he stated he would send to me.

or

2) I hope this helps someone else be informed about buying from him in the future.

MODS or Others feel free to contact me about this or any dealing with this member.

:mad::mad:

I know I only have 90'ish posts on here but I have been on Comp-D since 2006...

I have bought and sold on both CF and here and had very little problems ....

I am just looking to get what was agreed to from the seller....

Well, I've stood up from Bobby in the past,not again! Bobby fix this ASAP! Anyone that is friends with Bobby tell him to fix this asap or I will remove his privileges at CompD.

let me ask, what did you expect first of all from a 300 dollar charger?
was the box damaged in shipping? unless that box looked perfect I would bet it spun when he put it in the box. sounds like insurance claim to me.

It said he was supposed to refund 300 towards a rebuild, not 300 was the purchase price. Also, a turbo would have to be pretty jacked to have a wheel stuck in a housing from external impact.

let me ask, what did you expect first of all from a 300 dollar charger?
was the box damaged in shipping? unless that box looked perfect I would bet it spun when he put it in the box. sounds like insurance claim to me.

I paid $1100 plus shipping for a good usable S475 2.8 legal charger from him.

NOT $300

It was stated to be ready to be run. It was NOT

Box was fine .. was well packed in a Borg turbo box with lots of padding.

Last edited:
What did I do with that "Butt Hurt" poster pic.............................

I'm an Admin... Damn that's like calling the General a Sargent. :hehe:

Sorry .. My bad...

I will call you SIR from now on ... Then again ... Shoot I will call you anything you want if you get him to send me my money...

I don't see where it says that it was a $300 turbo, the way I read it the $300 was to pay for half a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.