Cracks in a Turbine housing, What is acceptable?

1pieceatatime.

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Im hoping to get some of you guys to weigh in a dispute I am having.

What is acceptable for a borg warner S400 as far as cracks? I bought a used charger and the seller is telling me that the cracks in the turbine housing are not a big deal. They dont look good to me, but im just getting my feet with this stuff.

Opinions/experiences greatly appreciated

There is a 3rd crack across the divider that size wise is about halfway between the two pictured.
1188_zps45f11e60.jpg

1189_zps526a00af.jpg

I have been running a s480 in twinns cracked just like that for a while now with no problems. In fact the secondary (s366) is cracked also, have been keeping an eye on them and seem to be ok. Both were used turbo's bought cheep and going to keep them until I see it getting worse.

I ran one with similar cracking with no problems. It was only on the truck for about a year or year and a half but didn't get any worse either. If you paid a lot for the charger and he made no mention of the cracks I could see where you could be pissed though.

I didn't pay a ton for it, but it was not disclosed. There is also a crack in divider on the inlet. My concern is that its only a matter of time before the internal cracks equate to a loose piece.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Good, bad, or otherwise, it should have been mentioned in the for sale listing.

The seller says its fine. But it took him two weeks to ship a charger that was supposed to ship the day after payment. As soon as he saw the internal cracks he offered to find me a housing, now he's back to its fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2