Crank

Southern Illinois does good work, i have had them do mine. But i also live 15 mins from them, just my 2 cents.

and enjoy the 6-12 month wait from that last time I talked to them

Yes it took almost 3 month and we had the crank over there the 2nd week of Nov. got it back in the middle of Jan.Doo good work thowe.
That grank isn't going in our 2wd.belong to a freind of mine
Dale

i have heard the 3rd gen cranks have better factory balancing than the previous models. A friend of mine that talked to a cummins engineer told him that. take that for what it is worth. I use 3rd cranks and just have the gear changed to the helical cut gear. Call Met's machine 419-522-4111. They do all my machine work and they real big in smoker tractors. They also have a website you can get on and check out. Buy a 6.7 crank if you are going all fresh. It is a 4.9mm stroke so you would have to do custom pistons, rods, or a deckplate.

Yes it took almost 3 month and we had the crank over there the 2nd week of Nov. got it back in the middle of Jan.Doo good work thowe.
That grank isn't going in our 2wd.belong to a freind of mine
Dale

No arguments there, had some expereince with a few of their cranks. Very nice work.

I forgot to mention Met's cranks are fully counterweighted, which i guess i am saying that they are almost a complete circle. Pretty wild looking.

Back