creamed colored diesel

crabbelle

Banned
i dropped my tank today to install a new level sender adn my diesel is a cream color. its not bio and the only thing i add is power service. my WIF light is not on, so does anybody have a clue what it could be? its like a cloudy, coffee looking color. my truck runs fine and has and holds 30 psi of f/p.

A little more description abou the fuel, it does not smell like diesel, and imo it looks kinda like bile. We did add some biocide to it just in case but I have no idea why it would look like this.

i dropped my tank today to install a new level sender adn my diesel is a cream color. its not bio and the only thing i add is power service. my WIF light is not on, so does anybody have a clue what it could be? its like a cloudy, coffee looking color. my truck runs fine and has and holds 30 psi of f/p.

It wouldn't be just the color of the plastic inside the tank making it look weird. She still running good:st:

Brett

It's a bacterial bloom in the fuel. I see it in boats that have fuel sit for extended periods all the time. It will shorten the life of your filters but will still burn ok. Biocides will clear the fuel up at the cost of even shorter filter life.

thanks, my buddy had some and we put the needed amount in, since i can tell how much fuel i got now, im going to run it to damn near empty then fill it up. will i needed to put more biocide after i run it empty to make sure i kill all the bacteria?. and brett i hope that dyno isnt cursed now, i had a dream my truck blew the head when i dynod.:ft: