Creating a Tow Tune for larger injectors

Rhett24

I have 60% over injectors and running single s366 on 2nd gen manifold. I am in need of direction for a tow tune. I basically ran a stock tune and decreased the duration table by 15% my egts still wanted to creep up over a 1000. What else should i be looking at? Is there a equation to make these 60% flow = to a stock injector.

1000 degrees isnt that hot. At full throttle you are safe to push 1400 and a little more if you like to live on the wild side.

^what he said, also pulling 15% if you did it across the board is a lot. I really don't use a tow tune per say even though I tow heavy. Keep your timing in check on the top end and get that turbo spooled fast with timing and pulse and let it do it's thing. I like to have extra power on the top end if I need it for a short burst to pass or something. The boost limiting table can help a lot for a controlled tune that will only fuel hard under the right parameters.

Timing would be your biggest factor for this. Keep the timing conservative. Higher timing retains more heat in the engine and less out the exhaust (reducing EGT), but if your towing you don't want too much heat buildup in the engine. IMO EGT's are not the best metric to go by, 1000-1300 deg can be safe or can be dangerous depending on timing. Like they said 1000 deg isn't bad, if your not running high timing.

I agree with arinkuddy EGTs are not the best way to set a control for the examples he posted. I would say 1400 at full throttle isn't bad. 1400 at 1000rpm is probably deadly.

5.9 or 6.7 engine? I doubt your going to be able to cool a 6.7 engine down very much with your fuel you have with a s300 based charger but 1,000* isn't bad at all under certain conditions.

Just saw 1460* on a WOT run with 100% overs and a 70/82/1.01 housing That's in a tow tune...kinda scared to see what happens on a max effort tune. The 6.7's can take some heat I hear though