Cruise control failure

dieselmania

Have an '02 with a programer and a few other things and last year my cruise control stopped working. I read in the chilton's manual that the cruise control ran through the pcm and their was no fuse or anything, that it's all electronically controlled. I'm thinking that my programer may have had something to do with it not working. Can anyone help me with that?

Does your truck have radio controls on the back side of the steering wheel.

Well i wouldnt rule it out. My 00 has got radio controls in the steering wheel. And when the Clock Spring goes bad i don't have cruise control, radio controls, and every once and a while my overhead console flashs (CCD) What ever that means. so thats why i asked. I've replaced mine once before.

It won't. Cruise control on the manual is controlled in the ecm and is all electronic. I think they do have a fuse. But that may just be the vacuumn controlled cruise. Don't remember for sure.

Is it not holding speed? Just flat doesn't turn on? Need a little help here.

CCD stands for Chrysler Collision Detection system. Indicates a couple modules are not talking properly.

Last edited:
it does not work at all!!! no light! no nothing!!! i read in the chilton's manual that it is all controlled through the pcm and that's all i know. i have not tested the switch with an multimeter yet.

My 01 didnt have cruise when I bought it. Check the wires in the steering column, if the tilt is used alot the wires are brittle and break. Fixed mine its worth checking anyway.