cruse control ?

blacksmoke83

what is the deal to make the cruise control work on a 01 Ppump swaped truck ?
I have the 12 valves hardness and the 24 valves hardness ass well, what is the trick, what do I need to do ?

I've been told the only way that you can get the cruise to work is to swap in a whole vacuum unit or use an after-market setup since the 01 and 02s do not use a vacuum setup.

I want to hear more on this as well so maybe I can get my cruise control back on my 01 p-pump daily driver.

USE 12V TSP AND PLUG USE 24V CONTROLLER AND WIRING CUT 24V APP PLUG AND WIRE IN 12V TPS PLUG ADJUST VOLT ON TPS AND CRUSE CONTROL WORK JUST LIKE FACTORY IF ITS A AUTO TRANS :woohoo:

USE 12V TSP AND PLUG USE 24V CONTROLLER AND WIRING CUT 24V APP PLUG AND WIRE IN 12V TPS PLUG ADJUST VOLT ON TPS AND CRUSE CONTROL WORK JUST LIKE FACTORY IF ITS A AUTO TRANS :woohoo:

what about the vacuum stuff

Aren't the HO engines cruise control completely electronic, no vacuum stuff like the older trucks?

My SO was completely electronic. Jet pilot found a way, He never has told how. Ive got to where I just listened and kept the engine at a constant RPM

I think the cutoff was 00 for the vacuum setup and 01 and 02 used an all electronic setup

01 was a tricky year i have a real early 01 ho 6-speed looks to me like it is the same vacuum canister that i have seen on the oler trucks. would mine work of the speed sensor?? not the apps???

Mine and dad's 01 were both built in July 01. his is a 2wd auto with the vacuum can. Mine is a 4x4 stick with the fly-by-wire stuff.

If your truck has the can you just have to mod the TPS to work with the p-pump.

Option 2 is get a vacuum system.

I might be able to shed a little light on the different cruises:
starting in '01 (maaaybe in late '00), trucks with manual transmissions have the ECM controlled cruise, while the trucks with automatic transmissions still have the cable going to the servo under the battery tray. The reason is that the automatic needs to know what the throttle position is and that cable is the only way to do that.