cryogenics

Cummins Express

Ok has anybody checked in to it spraying liquid nitrogen on the intercooler. still trying to find a way to drop the air charge temp

http://www.designengineering.com/index.asp

image0122.png

I know someone that tried it on a 6.0...a mid 11 second truck...and saw zero difference with it.

Check this page out: http://www.cryofuzion.com

Cool the intake charge
race2.JPG

Then send the co2 to the exhaust to suck the hot exhaust gasses and help spool.
I don't know of anyone running one, but I do know I could bolt one up to a 24v if I removed my windshield fluild tank =X

We are going to be playing with the cryo2 stuff, you can run several of their "bulbs" in a daisy chain effect inside of your cac tubes. & then spray the intercooler with the co2,They have a spray bar that is alot bigger than that one in the pic. we are going to try 2 large sprayers & 5 bulbs. The only catch I can see is the co2 getting sucked in from the turbos.

John Robinson said:
We are going to be playing with the cryo2 stuff, you can run several of their "bulbs" in a daisy chain effect inside of your cac tubes. & then spray the intercooler with the co2,They have a spray bar that is alot bigger than that one in the pic. we are going to try 2 large sprayers & 5 bulbs. The only catch I can see is the co2 getting sucked in from the turbos.

When I was into ricers, we saw good gains with it. I have thought about working with it on my trucks, but as someone said, the grid need to be larger. That spray bar worked well for our smaller intercoolers in my 300ZX but its going to show very little for our larger intercoolers. Maybe a 3 row spray bar with and outside area of about 60% size of the intercooler may help. Just a thought

save yourfelf the money and hassle, go with a liquid intercooler. Street driving just use a heat exchanger. For racing use ice water. Will work way better than that thing. Problem is getting it in there.

Cummins Express said:
I was going to make my one bar. so how well did it help ?

well i run a ford.i can turn the factory turbo to 55 psi and clean 250 cc injectors. if you have any questions fell free to call.352 528 0688 or email.

dj.

this is good stuff,time will tell I have high hopes. It's got merritt. The rice burners may have something to bring to the table.

all I know is the truck ran 11.0 s the next week 10.85 the next week back to 11.0's the only diffance was the out side temps 80 then 50's then back to 80 so if I can cool the intake charge( with this or air to water cooler) I am hoping to do the same and 10.85 with the gear change also would put me right were I want to be with the truck

Cummins Express said:
all I know is the truck ran 11.0 s the next week 10.85 the next week back to 11.0's the only diffance was the out side temps 80 then 50's then back to 80 so if I can cool the intake charge( with this or air to water cooler) I am hoping to do the same and 10.85 with the gear change also would put me right were I want to be with the truck

With your truck being a pretty much dedicated race rig George I'd look real hard at an air/water setup, they seem to be the best for consistently cooling the charge air, not to mention a bit cheaper than bottle of compressed gas. They are more of a headache though since you have to drain and refill between rounds.

Better no2 than co2 if some of that air is going to make it back to the intake =P

water injection alone will lower your intake temps far greater than that crappy intercooler sprayer ever could. I tried that on my RX7 before I sold it, didn't see any results and that car had an intake temp guage, totally worthless

John Robinson said:
this is good stuff,time will tell I have high hopes. It's got merritt. The rice burners may have something to bring to the table.

That statement is more true than most people think... As much as I hate to say I used to be a ricer, they got a couple ideas that could be brought to the table. I know I'm not the only one thinking this way....

:pop: :pop: :pop: