cryogenics

I was told awhile back that spraying a cyro spray over the intercooler had little to no effect on ET. However, it made ET very consistent over a broad temp range. Meaning, the truck would run 12.00 no matter if it was 50F or 110F OAT.

Here is some pics of the cryogenic bulb. Heck I dont know if it will work or not but it should. You can run several of these in a loop, between the turbos & in the cac tubes then exhaust it out over the intercooler. We will have some solid data to share when we get the racepak installed.

Attachments

• funnycar 021.jpg
    funnycar 021.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 41
  • funnycar 020.jpg
    funnycar 020.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 45
Does the Gas just freeze the bulb? Then the air flows around it? Kind like icing down a glass of Tea?

if you're going to be spraying any nitrous, spray it in the engine, not at the intercooler...

water injection = mo better than that thing

Cummins Express said:
never mind air to water intercooler is in the mail:woohoo:

Thats the way to do it there. You will be happy with it.

Forest how about nitrous water and alcohol? I bet that would cool down those combustion temps a hell of a lot.

I hate to burst any bubbles but those cryo bulbs and spraybars and whatever they are are pure junk. They are a perfect application of a great idea with poor execution at best. It is not there fault, the technology is just not there to support what they are trying to accomplish.

I'm not saying it doesn't work because it does, but the effectiveness cannot equal even a 50hp shot of N2o. The cooling effect of a 50hp shot surpasses those devices by increasing the oxygen content of the aircharge chemically as well as the cooling effect increasing the air density.

If your racing class prohibits the use of nitrous and you don't want the hassle and extra weight of a water to air heat exchanger, then be my guest because technically they do work, but they can be easily outdone by all the methods listed previously.

BUICKpowerSIX said:
Thats the way to do it there. You will be happy with it.

Forest how about nitrous water and alcohol? I bet that would cool down those combustion temps a hell of a lot.

YES! just be sure you've got enough methanol to prevent freezing the water w/ the nitrous :eek:

Back