CTD Ram 1500

JamieWood

Blowin' Smoke
I would like to free up some weight and I think that switching to a 1500 chassis would free up some #'s. I know some of you are running this combination for the strip. What all is involved in this conversion?

I think it's not much more than fabbing up motor mounts and switching bodies, pretty much everything else is the same. Oh, you will need some heavier front springs as well LOL

i just shortened a long bed, and put a short bed on it. that way i keep the good brakes and heavy duty axle and front suspension. i was going to buy a short bed and dump in a 12v but decided it was easier to shorten a 3/4 ton.jmho

zukgod1 said:
I saw (I think on this board) that one of the vendors was taking 1/2 trucks and installing 12V in them and re badging them as RAM 2000.

Nice looking as well.
Cant remember who it was now.

Here it is http://www.suncoastconverters.com/newsandevents/g2000.html

Looky there, that's not a 12v :evil
dan

That's the #2 truck converted by Jeff and crew, and yes, it is a 12V :evil

He does a bit different than what Jamie is after (race application) since he takes brand new trucks and does the swap, for what Jamie is doing a rolled short bed reg cab would be a perfect candidate for a body swap.

Say it aint so Joe. Too much power for ya? :poke:

Billysgoat said:
That's the #2 truck converted by Jeff and crew, and yes, it is a 12V :evil

He does a bit different than what Jamie is after (race application) since he takes brand new trucks and does the swap, for what Jamie is doing a rolled short bed reg cab would be a perfect candidate for a body swap.

That is what I was thinking so I went to go and find one and I did. I found a 98' 1500 x-cab sport with fire damage in the box and rear of the cab (minimal) nice truck $1300. It was on www.ridesafely.com but I didn't have enough time to do any research on this website before the auction ended.:bang All I know is that it is an insurance auction broker. They seem to have some pretty good deals on there. Anyone have any knowledge on this site they would like to share?

Help needed., help me find one CompD member. (or thread)

I knew we have a member who made 12V Cummins swap to Gen 3 Ram 1500.

It was silver short bed short cab with fat slicks.:woohoo: .

I remember he post lots of pictures about his Cummins swap. :rockwoot:

Jeff Garmon (Jeff2) has done 2 12v swaps into 3rd gens.
Brad Morse (Morse) has a 12v in his Prostreet truck

RacinDuallie said:
What about Gunracer? Do you mean his truck?
No, he have 2 Gen short 3/4 ton (2500) and if i remember his truck was white.

wildmanben said:
Didnt Garmon do that in the new 1500s? Put a twined 12v in it?

No twins. He took me for a ride in it when I went to pick my truck up and WOW that sucker is SWEEETTT! :evil :evil

Hey guys,I have next question.

What is different between Ram 1500 '98 (2WD)frame and Ram 2500 '98 (2WD)frame?

Is the 1500 frame weaker, thinner?

Visually they look same.

Heavier running gear- front & rear springs, spindles, hubs, etc...

brnadno.