CTS won't connect with juice module

Nutuphammerdown

DieselHolic
I had my juice installed today with the CTS by my mechanic while I was installing my raptor 100. He's done hundreds of these installs, but when we buttoned mine up today I hopped in the truck and the CTS said it could not connect with the juice module. We went thru every connection a 2nd and 3rd time and found nothing.

Any help would be appreciated

I had the same issue. After much effort working with edge on it, I was able to get them to diagnose what was broken on each edge module I sent in.

Turns out that the charging system had a massive voltage spike (over 20 V) that would kill the noise filters on the power input of the juice module.

The truck also ate an ECM and a VP44 controller on top of the 4 juice modules.

I never got it to work in the end, and edge gave up on it as well. After they gave up on it, I believe I found an issue with the solenoid for the AirDog relay backfeeding a big pulse into the charging system, as the pulse only happened when the AirDog ran.

That's too bad man, that's quite a bit of time and money. Edge is sending me a new module, crossing my fingers hoping its that simple

Hopefully it was just a bad juice module.

I would recommend throwing a good volt meter on your truck, and see exactly where your voltage is, and run it for a few minutes to see if you see a spike anywhere over 14-15V. Your batteries should even out any voltage jumps, but sometimes the higher frequency stuff isn't dampened by the batteries.

If you see any spikes, pull your alternator fuse to kill the fields for that, and if you don't see any spike you are probably looking at a bad diode in your rectifier or a voltage regulator issue (PCM). Aside from those two... If you see a spike, you may need to track that down slowly after that by slowly checking grounds and circuits until you find the spike.

Edge was okay with me on the deal, and was willing to throw 2 Juice modules at me... But unfortunately they had seen my issue before, but weren't willing to recommend a solution or even suggest what to look for until it was all over and I reached the end of my budget at the time. I still have the CTS sitting new in box, with a burned out Juice module... lol.

ps. I found that not all multimeters are created equal. I borrowed a nice Fluke from a friend and was able to see the spike, but the spike wasn't always evident on any other meters I had or had access too.