Cummins Conversion

99f3504x4

Just joined the site today so bear with me. I am dead smack in the middle of putting a 1999 24v into my 1999 f-350 4x4 daily driver. I already have the motor with all new gaskets and head studs, ATS arc flow intake (the stock one was broke when I purchased the motor) ATS exhaust manifold for a commonrail.

I also already have the adapter plate (destroked), the motor mounts and tach ring (autoworld), and many other pieces to complete the swap. The only really large item that I lack is the clutch. I spoke with a guy named Woody at south bend yesterday and he recommended a double disk clutch. (As my goals are set for 550-650 hp)

Are there any other little issues that will give me hell with the install, or any little tips and tricks that can possible make the swap less difficult? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, For starters I don't know if you will have a dowel pin problem but If you have the chance do a little research on it it's pretty easy to do it just takes a little time to do it.

Man, you need to contact Joe Hellmann about his buddy in Corpus with the red conversion truck. It was on the cover of Diesel WOrld last month. Hell of a nice guy and I'll bet he'd be willing to talk with you about the process since he did his own minus the turbos and stuff Hellmann did.

Cool, I'll check in to the KDP mod. As far as the block goes, it is a 55 casting. Yeah, I bought that issue just because I remembered that the guy with the red truck did all sorts of mods to his 6 blow before it blew up.

Alot of the guys I hang out with down here know of joe, but I have never met him. The guy that I will taking the truck to, to have all of the wiring done is Jamie Peal at Pro muffler and automotive here in corpus, he was the one that did all of the wiring on the red truck from what I was to understand.

Ordered a clutch last friday, so it should be here pretty soon. It is a double disc clutch that should be able to take everything I can throw at it. Maybe I'll go a little faster with this lighter wallet. :bigsmile: