Cummins dies in reverse??

vandutch

Hey Guys,
I've had no issues with my truck at all so far. But I just put in a 4k GSk and when I first installed it I felt my Idle was a little high (it put it up to around 1000rpm when in park) So i back the adjust nut 1 click and it dropped my rpm's down to around 900. However the problem I'm having now is when I put it into reverse the truck stalls out.

Now it only does it sometimes. It seems to drop rpm alot but picks up again if it doesn't snuff out.

If you guys have any idea's as to whats going on Please HELP!!!

Thanks

You need to tighten the adjuster nut on the governor springs 1 click or 90* tighter. If your idle is too high like before around 1000 rpm, adjust the idle down with the 10mm idle adjuster nut.

If you installed the kit properly, you shouldn't have to touch your idle screw. If done correct, then the retainer nut is too tight on the springs. Back off 2 clicks and reset your idle.

I've been driving the truck everyday since i installed the kit and the problem has seem to go away on its on. So i'm not sure. But What i was told was if it does persist or in this case come back was just to adjust my idle screw.
So thanks for your help guys I appreciate it!

Back