cummins in 04 ford

06ramcummins

Im looking to put an 06 5.9 in a 2004 for auto, 1 ton, 4wd. You guys that have done this conversion I need some input. Who did you use to buy all the necessary parts? What is a round about figure that this conversion cost you? Should I stay with the torque shift tranny or go ahead and throw a 48re behind this motor? Should I use the for intercooler or do I need to use a dodge intercooler. Im just starting on this research but would like some input from you guys that have done this swap. I found a site that specializes in this swap and im looking a spending a chunk of change to make this happen.

click on the link in my sig and you can get to a thread detailing my Excursion cummins swap. Unfortunately, it is documented on another site (before I came over to CompD).

Check out powerstrokenatation. I posted everything you would need know. Search by the threads I started. I even told all the wiring. I had a 2004 truck with a 2005 CR motor. Engine Transmission Conversion - Powerstroke Nation

I started threads about everything for guys like you doing one. From the ob2 port to the acc pedal. I even list part numbers that you will need and where to get them. I listed everything even made PDFs of wiring dihagrams to help
Here is a link of my threads.
Powerstroke Nation - Search Results
There are plenty of guys on that sight that will help you. Its where all us fordcummins conversion guys hang out and help.
If you need anything PM me on the forums

Its not that bad of a swap.

rob congrats on the truck in the mag.... i got to ride in it when it was a powerstroke haha, its much better now with a cummins!!! my truck is almost done haha but i have another ad my dd. It helps me take my time on the other one.