Cummins in a Powerstroke

CumminStroke09

Hi, I am planning on building a powerstroke with a cummins and I have a lot of questions. First i would like to know which cummins is the best platform to build a lot of power from? Second I would like to know who sells the best mounting kit? Third I was wondering which powerstroke is the easist to replace? 7.3 or 6.0, I want to do a 1999+ 6 speed, either extended cab or crew cab. Thanks for the help.
-Frankie

I would go to the destroked web site at destroked.com, you can email Scott and get info from him.

I would use a third gen engine with an Allison trans if you want an auto. He has a five speed set up available and will have a six soon. He has adapters available for just about any conversion you might want.

I would go to the destroked web site at destroked.com, you can email Scott and get info from him.

I would use a third gen engine with an Allison trans if you want an auto. He has a five speed set up available and will have a six soon. He has adapters available for just about any conversion you might want.

Thanks but which engine is the 3rd gen?? 12v or 24v?? and i wanna use a ford 6 speed if at all possible.

i used 12v with ford zf6sp, truck was an auto converted to manual....best setup ive had in a truck!!!!

I Have parts kits for your needs from Destroked.

Ok i may have an engine but i don't know if it will be what i want. Its a '94 12v, What years came with the "p" pump? cuz thats what i want for an inj. pump. thanks for the help.
-Frankie

Ok i may have an engine but i don't know if it will be what i want. Its a '94 12v, What years came with the "p" pump? cuz thats what i want for an inj. pump. thanks for the help.
-Frankie

Your 94 is a P-pump 12v. Now get to it and lots of pics! :cheer:

3rd gen would be 24v
The easiest is the 2nd gen 94-98.5 12v
All out best is 24v common rail, how deep are your pockets?

yeah i know that the 24v common rail would b beter but im in college so the pocket book isnt too full these days. I just want to do a 12v with the P-pump cuz its cheaper, easier, and they can build easy fairly cheap power. thanks :Cheer:
-Frankie

Your 94 is a P-pump 12v. Now get to it and lots of pics! :cheer:

Thanks a lot i havnt been into the cummins for too long so i need all the help i can get. yeah im really excited to start this project:woohoo: but i need to finish my procharged f-150:ft: and get rid of that before i start this one