cummins intercooler in ford pics

will8

Ok, I've started my conversion and already have a question. I need to see pics of how you gurus mounted the dodge intercooler into the obs core support. I found 1 pic and it looks like he cut a few rows off the bottom. I would prefer to keep the same dementions so in the event I have one go bad I can just put another one in. the truck is a 94 f350 with 3 in body lift. So let the pics fly!!!:pop:

You are better off using the super duty intercooler imop.

how much meat do i cut out with that intercooler? I mean will it get into the crossbracing?

I used a 2003 Dodge intercooler. It fit like it was made for it, and did not have to cut out any structural metal from the core support. These are the only pictures I have unfortunately.
IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

WOW! That looks and fits damn near identical to the super duty ic.

x2. I was just fixing to order a ic from a 99 ford. Ataprice of $600.00. I'll start looking for one of these instead.

did the bolts from the reverse shackle kit get in the way of the intercooler?

The bolts did not, but the cross brace tube did. I had to cut it out, and move it to the front side of the shackles.

Ok. thanks. I'll add that to my list of things to do.

while its on my mind, what did you do about your slave cylinder? I have a zf5 and by the looks of it I should be able to push the pin out, put the dodge slave on and push the pin back in. Is this right?

never mind. found a post from dieselwrencher on the subject. But your input is still wanted on this incase there is an alternative.

Sorry, I can't help you on that part. I used a NV4500, so i used the whole setup from a Dodge. Complete from master cylinder to slave cylinder.

Will8, did you get your hydros figured out? I'm currently doing another 95 and planned on using a later PSD intercooler. Now I just have to get another one...........

not yet. just took a quick look at the slaves and I think I can just swap them out and leave the lines. just got the motor swt in place about an hour ago so I'm a little ways from that part.:woohoo: