cummins timing tools

moneymaker44

Ok i have searched for the stuff ! snap on has the tool set with barring tool
(which i have) dial indicator , delivery valve socket , and indicator holder. not to bad a price now the puller is no issue i have lots of those things but the
freaking Miller # 6862 thrust washer where in the (hot place) do you find this thing ??

missed out on a deal on ebay that had it all so now i am stuck. i do not see a whole lot of reason for this washer but well you guys know why its there.

Anyone know where you can get this stuff please let me know

I don't use a washer... I just keep the dial indicator in the DV hole at all times when I move the gear. It tells me if I move the shaft any. Perhaps I'm doing things all wrong?

brandon.

oops wrong place for that one. well i wanted to ask where an how u find those tools on ebay.

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Brandon

sootman said:
Moneymaker, don't have this guy set your timing!!!:hehe: LOL

yeah well i have the stuff now so i guess i will do it myself when i have time.
um smoke if you don't find TDC how about you P.M. me on how you do it. because if your way takes some of the head ache out i sure would rather do it that way.

call up miller. i did a internet search, found a website, called and ordered. $15, but i has 2or3 needle bearings and 6 or so washers so it was enough for two sets (if you want to split with someone).

yeah well i have the stuff now so i guess i will do it myself when i have time.
um smoke if you don't find TDC how about you P.M. me on how you do it. because if your way takes some of the head ache out i sure would rather do it that way.

same here smoke