Custom EDM's????

cumminspride

Anybody building custom EDM's for 1stgens with factory spray angles and hole pattern? I will need some 6x.013's in march or april. I'm plannin on studs and fire rings as well as an HT3B below my H1C/H1E. Also does anyone know where to get a larger radiator? I plan on making this truck valet friendly 375hp and the cooling system I believe will be insufficient to tow with.

Wade

I have my oem injectors but the milage is unknown. I wouldn't think tips would be that bad to buy from cummins? I'm runnin some second hand 435's and I think alot can be gained by maintaining stock spray pattern and angle.

Wade

I have a guy that can do anything you want with your injectors . We have talked about modding my stock First Gen injectors . I have POD's in it now but they smoke allot at idle , other then that they are great. It is J & L Machining 231-853-2626 . It will be great to see a first Gen out there kicking butt!

12vchevydually said:
I would go a little bigger.

You really think so?? I have ran 435's and I believe they smoke too much. I believe that is due to the 5 hole design. I believe our pistons are designed to perform best with a 6 hole injector nozzle only used in the I/C'd VE trucks. My 435's are set to our pop pressure but the nozzle is that of a 2nd gen.

The 6X.013's will flow about 5% more fuel than the 435's but should atomize much better giving a better end result. Hopefully I'm on the right track. Suggestions are always welcome.

Wade

The 435's are not a 6 hole injector. They're a 5x.014. I am trying to mock the oem only 4thousanths larger per hole.

Wade

Toolman said:
I have a guy that can do anything you want with your injectors . We have talked about modding my stock First Gen injectors . I have POD's in it now but they smoke allot at idle , other then that they are great. It is J & L Machining 231-853-2626 . It will be great to see a first Gen out there kicking butt!
He also did a set for my 1st gen. :rockwoot:

New era does injectors for the 1st gen trucks I put the new era 370s in a friends 93. They also have the 435s

6x22's would require some serious fuel pumps and a 14mm h/r. i tried mine with my current 12mm and an a 1000 and hit hard then ran outa fuel.

Call and talk to Steve 816 233 3736. Their nozzles are pretty sweet, and their reasonable too.