Custom turbo....worth the $$$?

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Lets talk S300 here. Possibly the most widley modified turbo on the market for diesels today, but are the "special versions" as essential to making HP as folks think? Or are the special versions a better animal with quicker spoolup, and better drivability? :fish:

IIRC, extended tip s300 = good-er. Exhaust wheel smaller or equal to compressor wheel size = surge-er.

bnraond.

s300g = extended tip.

i think it is a 57 mm front wheel, and a 64 mm rear wheel.

modded s300 can run up to a 71 mm or so front wheel, and a 71 mm rear wheel.

a 66 front 71 rear aka ii sps 66, htt ssp 66, is a good turbo

If you want to go over 71mm for the front wheel, then you are getting into k31 aka aurora5000 territory or s400 aka b2 territory.

I think most of that is right, smokem should be along shortly to tell me how messed up i got everything.

Sounds right to me.

BTW, I have ran a Super B (57mm), a B1 (62mm) and a regular old un-modded S300 (62mm) The Super B spooled the best, cooled good. The 62mm one I'm running now does really well, but needs about 25-30psi to really cool. The B1 was too big for the fuel I had, and not a real fair comparison, but it was laggy but cooled well. With more fuel, it would have been better!

Am going to go back to a Super B and see if it can hang with the 62mm S300 I have now...I will be surprised if it ins't better at my power level!

Chris

Buddy of mine just put on a S300 with the 66 wheel up front and with a 12cm gated housing its a whole new truck spools to 55lbs it will make 10 lbs just reving the engine and all for 1100$ and they said if he dosent like it send it back and they would change it Gillett diesel i think is the place .. And he sled pulls with the truck most of the time

Last edited: