Cutting Out?

Pflope

Turkey
Hey guys I finally got my new 63 on with a set of 4gsk, 60lb. springs, 025 DV's, and a set of head studs. Basically I was on a WOT run and the truck cut out before I hit boost and then it ran like complete **** for about 1 or 2 minutes. My idle is set just under 1000rpms (yes I know I have to adjust the idle screw from the 4gsk's I've just been lazy) and it went down to about 400-500 rpms. Then suddenly it went right back up. I'm on my 4th Air Dog, yes my 4th, shows you what a quality product they build... anyway the truck acted the same with when the other lift pumps died. Only when I got home this time it was working fine. Oh yeah and any chance throwing a larger set of injectors would help spool this thing? I'm really happy with the power, but it's just a tad laggy.

Yes,proper grahamer is veries importint. Speeling not so much. Maybe.

Yeah, you can see the cloud better with the mirrors like that.

Shift key and punctuation, use them.

Mirrors are always down, there's a boat trailer behind me you can't see.

I think you need to work on your tuning if your 63 is laggy

I have done 0 tuning... maybe that could explain it.

This. You have fuel.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of 5x.014's though since I can get the EDM work done by a reputable guy. Plus between selling my DDP's I will basically pay nothing for them.

When is your 63 spooling? Like when can you make 20 psi? It ain't gonna spool like a stock turbo ya know. Exhaust leaks pre-turbine will hurt spool also. I just fixed some exh. leaks on mine and gained some spool.

When is your 63 spooling? Like when can you make 20 psi? It ain't gonna spool like a stock turbo ya know. Exhaust leaks pre-turbine will hurt spool also. I just fixed some exh. leaks on mine and gained some spool.

I cheaped out on the manifold and got a t3/t4 adapter. To make a long story short it looks like it not really flowing well. I'm gonna grab a steed speed, but not just yet. I make 20psi right before 2k rpms. I know I posted on CF that it was making that considerably faster, but with more tests I've seen 20psi hit at 2k consistently and after that it gets to 40/50psi in a hurry.

Not sure if you understand my sarcasm. I was just happy to get it running correctly. Tuning is in the plans for this weekend.

You missed mine as well:-D

I bet you like it much better after this weekend.

I already love it, but I want MORE. I want my biggest problem to be traction. My ultimate goal would be to hit 600hp with this 63, or be able to give a few auto's a run for their money (highly unlikely).

I already love it, but I want MORE. I want my biggest problem to be traction. My ultimate goal would be to hit 600hp with this 63, or be able to give a few auto's a run for their money (highly unlikely).

Well you should be able to get close to that with that turbo as stated before you have plenty of fuel to work with. Now you need to find the tuning sweet spot for all your added on goodies to work together to produce power. A weekend dedicated to it should be more than enough time. Also be sure you have no leaks in your system

I cheaped out on the manifold and got a t3/t4 adapter. To make a long story short it looks like it not really flowing well. I'm gonna grab a steed speed, but not just yet. I make 20psi right before 2k rpms. I know I posted on CF that it was making that considerably faster, but with more tests I've seen 20psi hit at 2k consistently and after that it gets to 40/50psi in a hurry.

I was getting 20 psi at 1900, then fixed some exh. leaks and can now make 20 at 1750 rpms, with 0 tuning. Mine is really smoky before it spools also. BTW I have the same turbo as a secondary in a compound setup.

Well you should be able to get close to that with that turbo as stated before you have plenty of fuel to work with. Now you need to find the tuning sweet spot for all your added on goodies to work together to produce power. A weekend dedicated to it should be more than enough time. Also be sure you have no leaks in your system

You think 600 is achievable with 5x.012's? I don't think I have any leaks but it wouldn't hurt to check. I still haven't done any real afc mods... so I guess I can add that to the list. I really wonder how much hp my truck makes now. It feels kinda fast, but I keep thinking if I have 500hp then I've got a long way to go before I'm satisfied. I HOPE I'm only around 400... I wonder if that's the first time someone has hoped for lower hp?

I was getting 20 psi at 1900, then fixed some exh. leaks and can now make 20 at 1750 rpms, with 0 tuning. Mine is really smoky before it spools also. BTW I have the same turbo as a secondary in a compound setup.

What size injectors are you running/ DV's?

Back