(D-12 aluminum head) from Indy

A lot of the rules that are in place in the pulling world are there to protect peoples money makers. Let's face it some of the best heads being run today in the 12v configuration are Chinese castings. They look OE but the truth is that they are not. They have thicker walls so they can be ported further to increase flow past what an OE cummins head will. Some associations will allow aftermarket heads or rather say nothing about having to run an OE head. Some strictly prohibit an aftermarket head which if enforced, would knock out a lot of people today running Aftermarket OE wannabe's. If aftermarket heads are not allowed to be run it will be the dumming down of the sport. It is negating innovation and will be setting back the sport a few years. An aftermarket head will open these things up and shake the sport up a bit. While people must abide by the rules they are playing with, they have a lot more power over what rules are in place than they might imagine. Just a thought.

Zach Hamilton

I agree with Haisley about this on the head. Theres nothing the tech's can do about it unless it's a banned in the rules about the Hamilton head now the Billet Head that's different don't some orgs still say even in the Mod class that the head has to be factory head.

There are things they can do, sadly the things they can do aren't in the benefit of the puller. Things like getting a tech card, etc.

I know the rules are fragmented across the country as to what is used by different sanctioning bodies. If the sport is to progress, there is going to have to be some consensus on what rules are to be followed as a standard and pretty quick. DHRA was well on their way to doing this when the whole thing got derailed. NADM is doing a pretty good job in bringing the diesel community together as are a few others but this is something that is going to have to be worked out for diesel sports to progress. What standard of rules is used by most in the pulling community across the U.S.?

I think it would be helpful to have an online forum about rules for this next season that includes some decision makers. Regardless of who you talk to someone will be left out but for the greater good of the diesel community this needs to happen.

Zach

Just got off the phone with indy. 7900$ for a bare head and 300cfm out of the box. Out of my price range.

I think crazy $$ projects and mod pullers are the market Indy is after. They're supposed to release a cast iron version soon that will flow close to the aluminum one but be a lot cheaper. DP mag will have an article coming out soon on the Indy head.

Just got off the phone with indy. 7900$ for a bare head and 300cfm out of the box. Out of my price range.

Well I am not going to say what shop. Friend of mine was quoted the same for a chinese cast head fully ported intake and tub manifold for right around the same price. Said 300 CFM also

Well when talking to Enterprise the stock castings get week if you port that much and Swirl has a a lot to do with it not so much how much air you can poor into the head. They said 250 max is a good area to keep the head in good shape for a 24V. I don't know if the Chinese cast 24V have thicker wall's also.

Well when talking to Enterprise the stock castings get week if you port that much and Swirl has a a lot to do with it not so much how much air you can poor into the head. They said 250 max is a good area to keep the head in good shape for a 24V. I don't know if the Chinese cast 24V have thicker wall's also.

Last I heard Swirl was an alien concept to Indy.

That's $6000 less than the quote for a one-off aluminum head 2 years ago. If it's a linear progression, that's $2000 in 2012... :woohoo:

CR ported heads with the right config will flow right at 300cfm.....

Back