D&J Executioner

Damn! I kinda want to see one set up N/A, love the sound of a N/A 6cyl!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That engine has a sound all it's own. Wonder what it will sound like at full song.

So's the beer that I will p!ss out after consumption tonight, but it's what I enjoy.

The previous attempt of an all aluminum engine was an abortion. If they thrash the hell out of it developing a calibration on the dyno and get it to make it through a single competition event with only typical maintenance --> D&J and FirePunk will hold the crown for innovation.
Whose previous attempt are you speaking of?

Just watched that video. Defiantly a game changer. All the sensors and the ability to monitor a bunch of parameters that have never really been possible such as cylinder pressure senors will be a great add to this platform. I don't believe it has been achievable before in this platform. I am sure all that ribbing at the base of the block is so that engine does not come apart along the cam bore like the last big engine that went on them did.

I am sure this will be used to run against Wade in the future.

Stupid question, can we possibly get a more explanation of what this actually is? I mean a technical explanation, billet aluminum, not billet steel? I'm guessing this is an all aluminum version of the baddest pieces he has to offer? Maybe an update from Lavon on the general intent of this? Rail? Promod? Funny car?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just watched that video. Defiantly a game changer. All the sensors and the ability to monitor a bunch of parameters that have never really been possible such as cylinder pressure senors will be a great add to this platform. I don't believe it has been achievable before in this platform. I am sure all that ribbing at the base of the block is so that engine does not come apart along the cam bore like the last big engine that went on them did.

I am sure this will be used to run against Wade in the future.

I figured the webbing was good for light strength and maybe heat dissipation? Used to race with a guy that had a billet 410 block. Both sides of the block was just a big heat sink as they couldn’t machine the coolant passages as well as cast. Although it wouldn’t seem this is for lengthy use ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about block twist. That's an issue the Scheid had with theirs I believe.

Thank you, O Wise One:hehe:

A stock head has 6 exhaust ports, and this one has a considerable more. Some are appearing to run parallel, and a few are singles. Just curious on the purpose/thinking behind it.
The exhaust ports are symmetrical across the bore center from what I can tell. The siamesed ports are for separate cylinders.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

A purpose built competition engine to be used in a competition only vehicle? You better call Proline, Charlie Buck, Pat Musi, Reher-Morrison, Sonnys, Ford Motorsports, GM Performance, Jegs, Summit and a few others to tell them about said waste of $$

Jeebus. :bang

All that is moot and it's stupid to think gassers will see the same crackdown... you don't get that "scary" black cloud.

I think the barriers that have been brokem are awesome as do others. Yet the neuce has never been tighter than now and frankly the epa crackdown is very clear.... currently the definition of purpose built for anything post 07 doesn't exist.

Point blank. End of story. Whether it hurt your feelings or not, I'd hate to be the guy to spend $30-40k+ on a built race engine all to find out a yr or 2 later it can't be run.

End users aren't the target, but it's ignorant to think this crackdown is going away.

Cool, but waste of $ with the direction things are headed.
Aerospace figured out a long long time ago that trying to harness power from a combustion cylinder was wasted effort. But here we are.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Since we were the first to develop and offer a complete aluminum D max based engine back in 2011. I can say there are many learning curves, but these guys should be fine.

Since we were the first to develop and offer a complete aluminum D max based engine back in 2011. I can say there are many learning curves, but these guys should be fine.

:hehe:

I'm sure D&J has been "wadeing" for you approval for oooooh so long.

How'd that UCC Dmax aluminum engine do again?....:poke:

:hehe:

I'm sure D&J has been "wadeing" for you approval for oooooh so long.

How'd that UCC Dmax aluminum engine do again?....:poke:

It actually did very well, if you'd pay attention. A turbo explosion and severed fuel line have nothing to do with the long block

Sigh... I find it really disheartening to come to Comp D, and some have issue with one of the premier leaders of the industry trying to make one of the boldest attempts of progress i've ever seen in competition engine in a day where every other manufacturer is doing these cookie cutter engines. Maybe it is a waste of money, but this is how progress is made. Yes, anyone with a basic knowledge of energy transfer knows that internal combustion is hugely inefficient, but when a company is trying to make small steps towards a better, more efficient engine design, then it only deserves applause, especially from members of a site that are here purely in the search of competition and power. The negativity only perpetuates regression.

That thing is bichin!

What’s this crystal ball saying it will be banned in 2 years all about?

I can assure you in 2 years you can come run the shiit out of that thing anywhere in Alabama.