D-Tech 62/12 arrived.

I called and confirmed that "71" when I bought it. You've got me curious now though, tryin' to call right now myself. Did you tell him someone said they got a 62/71/12? Just curious what his reply was.

I just got off the pnohe w/ Brett he said its a 62/12 w/ a 66 turbine wheel not a 71, unless you have something different

Just got off the phone and now I have a 62/66/12! And it didn't cost me anything to change wheels, just a phone call. Apparently you can order one with a 71 if you need it. :bang

Just got off the phone and now I have a 62/66/12! And it didn't cost me anything to change wheels, just a phone call. Apparently you can order one with a 71 if you need it. :bang

Is it any extra for the 71 wheel do you know?

Daniel is that you?

Now trying to figure out what size I need. 62 or 64 that is the question.

64mm, don't waste your funds on a 62 with more fuel in mind. You will out grow it to fast.

I have been trying to read and read and educate my self, But heck I do not really even know what the little number on the back of the set of numbers mean.

I am currently 446hp and 1119 tq with a hand shaker so it seems that a 64 would be better . but still confused, it's A LOT of money for me right now. . . dang you college budget, HELLO ramen noodles. haha

600 + hp from a 62 on fuel only? ive never seen that before but i wouldnt doubt it. I still think if you want to make more power in the future with a single a 64 will give you more room to grow then a 62 as for driveability. yes its slower than a 62 because its bigger but add in a quick spooling manifold from a place like htt or ats and/or enough fuel and it doesnt spool that much slower then stock. I DD with a 64 w/o any problem

why is that? 600+ has been done on a 62, and drivability is way better

I ran a HTT 62/71/14 and it was great for my edge and cold air. As soon as i started adding fuel the egt s started to clime. I then added a cam and the 62 couldn't expell the the fumes. My egt s went from highest 1100 deg to instant 1800 deg. Needless to say the 62 was a excellant beginer turbo but with all the modded cp3 s, psi boxes, huge sticks i would highly recomend a 64mm. Especially on a 3rd gen... they spool a bit faster anyways.
I get a highway avg mpg of 18.5 with my Aurora 5K, towing isn't a problem either.

Look at your future mods. a 62 would make a great top charger later. I wish i went bigger the first time though.

Currently I am BROKE (went back to college), I only plan to have this truck for about another year maybe year and a half. and then it's on to bigger and better trucks. (Mega Cab)

My clutch will not hold much more than 500hp. .
I think that this will most likely be the last performance addition for my ol goat.

What kind of boost will this turbo make? I think my head gasket ought to be ok?

Back