D60 outer?

CaptainChrysler

I am in the market for some 35 spline outers for a dana 60. What are good ones to get? Are the spicer's good enough?

What about the lockouts? Mile Marker or Warn? Or ??

Here's the stock one:
30spln1.jpg

30spln2.jpg

The price of the ones on ebay can't be beat! 1 1/2 35 spline 4340 cm for 75$... They are made over seas but they have to be better then the stock 30 spline! IMO Warn lockouts are the best for the money.... Dynatrac makes the best but ya pay for it!!!

Iv also found that when an axle breaks like the one in your pic, it's a bad casting (weak from the factory)...when they break like they been cut with a saw...that WAS a good casting. :hehe:

Last edited:
use drive flanges.....and there are a few companies out there that make them, if im correct, ones for a chevy will fit the dodge......dont quote me on that though........

I really want to run lockouts, it is a bear to steer with drive flanges.

I kind of expected them to make a clean snap too. Might have been a weak one, but they are gettin upgraded.

I really want to run lockouts, it is a bear to steer with drive flanges.

I kind of expected them to make a clean snap too. Might have been a weak one, but they are gettin upgraded.

lockouts got a bad problem with working loose as the front loads and unloads going down the track......causes breakage.....

I've been down this road, I went with the GM hubs so i could go with large warn lockouts and I'm running 35 spline Yukon's 4340.

d60 outers

call jt parts in WA they had everything i needed and knew what i wanted when i asked for a bigger outer shaft and lockouts i think for shafts u joints and lockouts it was like $250 but that was 2 yrs ago but i haven't broken them i broke 3 before i got them 866-349-6801

We got the stuff coming. Thanks for the advise.

Took the other side apart and found it was twisted too.

shft1.jpg

shft2.jpg