Damaged N-Fab Suggestions?

cummin up short

I ordered a set of N-Fab 6 step bars from XDP about 3 weeks ago. I finally got them on tuesday and much to my dismay the one was damaged. It has a scuff about 1" long and 1/2" wide and a gouge down to the metal right beside that (about 1 1/4" long and 1/8" wide). So I call N-Fab and I was told to text pictures to be reviewed. They agree to pick up the damaged ones and send me a new set. The problem is I don't have time to wait around for freight pick up and deliveries. Mark at N-Fab told me they could probably refund me $47 (or %10) for the bars. Now, it's going to cost $100-$125 to powdercoat the damaged step or $160 to line-x both of them. I'm fighting to get more to cover the cost of fixing it. I'm trying for at least $100. What would you do?

I'd suck up the time and get new ones, or just touch it up with a little paint and forget it...

I'd get them to cover at least half of the line-x cost. I had mine bedlined before I even installed them, powdercoat wouldn't last a month down there between the wheels.

They are powder coated from the factory, as were my nerfs. No issues with the coating coming off in a month.

It is completely unreasonable to expect them to help you upgrade what you see as a defect because of shipping damage.

Why don't you have time to wait? I can understand wanting to get them on, but if they sent me something that was damaged from shipping and I did not have a deadline that I had to have something done by I would just send them back and get a new set. I run into shipping damage on a weekly basis in my line of work, most of the time we send them back, but there are times where I keep them, make repairs myself and give the vendor the option of paying me for the repair or not charging for the product. Sounds like they are willing to cover the damage by replacement, so unless you have a deadline I would just send them back.

I don't have time to wait because I don't have any vacation left to get the new delivery or schedule the pick up of the damaged steps. Deliveries come before 4 and I dont get done working til well after that. They gave me $42 back which is an insult but it's been 4 weeks so i'm done and I just cut my losses. Lesson learned...

Sounds to me like they tried to make it right but since it didn't fit into your schedule you wouldn't work with them.
Sounds like a stand up company to me.

I don't have time to wait because I don't have any vacation left to get the new delivery or schedule the pick up of the damaged steps. Deliveries come before 4 and I dont get done working til well after that. They gave me $42 back which is an insult but it's been 4 weeks so i'm done and I just cut my losses. Lesson learned...

Sounds like they did a hell of a refund. $42 for a scratch on a bar thats going to get beat to crap by rocks and everything else that comes off the tires. Either get somebody to meet the delivery truck at your house or see if they can pick it up at your work or run it the way they are. But stop being a ***** about it. You can buy alot of phucking touch up paint for $42.

post a pic of the "damaged" part. Give us a better idea on the extent of it. I'm with a few others on here. They are going to get scratches and dings on them no matter what unless you just put them on and park it. My Amp step look like they've been through hell and back and they cost a LOT more than the n-fabs.

Well then I guess i did it all wrong. Sorry I don't make a sh!t ton of money to just throw around and not give a crap about. It must be nice to just make your own schedule too. I only get 5 vacation days a year and i don't have any left. But i guess this site was never designed for the peons in the diesel community anyhow.

Well then I guess i did it all wrong. Sorry I don't make a sh!t ton of money to just throw around and not give a crap about. It must be nice to just make your own schedule too. I only get 5 vacation days a year and i don't have any left. But i guess this site was never designed for the peons in the diesel community anyhow.

You posted up "what do I do" then you beotch and complain when everyone tries to help? :doh:

Leave them at a friends house that you trust and have them picked up there....unless you have no friends then I guess you are screwed. :D

You're telling me you had nowhere near you they could have been picked up and new ones delivered?
Friend, brother, sister, cousin, parents, local shop...nowhere?

I'd find that hard to believe.

I understand your argument. Tried my family, no luck. Actually we all live in the same house, nobody could be home between 1-4. Plus this wasn't just a UPS or FedEx delivery. It was freight so the person waiting for the delivery had to have room for a 53' semi to stop. That limited me also but i'm not here to argue. I was just asking for advice and I got it. I'm letting this die now

I was just asking for advice and I got it. I'm letting this die now

No need to let it die, we are only trying to help. If it is something like "yellow frieght" or some other company, call them and drop them off at their place when you can and then have them hold the other items. You can work it out. Most folks are accomodating if you just tell them the situation and ask them nicely. :D

Cry me a river, I get no vacation days. And making your own schedule is great, I spend way to much time trying to figure out how to keep a bunch of people not mad at me.
No need to let it die, we are only trying to help. If it is something like "yellow frieght" or some other company, call them and drop them off at their place when you can and then have them hold the other items. You can work it out. Most folks are accomodating if you just tell them the situation and ask them nicely. :D

Bingo, companies are usually very accommodating if you try to work with them, they want your business and referrals...

Last edited: