damn rack plug

12valve said:
cahammer:

Yeah, i think your problem lies in you pump itself, its more probably a free fix (tune) sounds like you need to upper your gov arm, it doesnt hurt anyway! (but might help) to me it sounds like your rig should be into the 600's HP, you have all the good mods, but your pump isnt giving out the fuel its capable of!

what plat profile do you run? a 0? a 100 with a short hook?

i preferably make 100 plates with a long hook, as long as posseble, so the arm wont ride under the plate, even thought, on some 215's i had to adjust that!

on one of my 215's, the arm hit the plate, but it still defueled, just uppered the gov arm, just to see what it'd do, and it gained me around 100 hp in the seat of pants.

:poke: you lost me. What do you mean?

thanks rick

Smokem said:
I have a ground #6 plate, that's about it. I would rather grind the aftermarket plate as they are slightly taller, it helps prevent the Governor Arm from hanging. From most reports the 435's sound like they aren't the most efficient injector available, but a good injector for the price. A stock 215hp injector P477 flows 38lpm, a stock 435 injector P574 flows 38lpm, a stock 370 marine injector flows 55lpm.

so youre saying that the 370's flow better than the 435s from my understanding? and the 435's and 215's flow the same?

inline6359

i meant Simply adjust the governor arm! I dont think it really matters what your plate is grinded to, as long as it hits the plate.

To adjust the Governor arm. on the back of the pump, remove the plate, then with a 10 mm socket loosen the lock nut, of the bottom screw, now turn out the screw about 1- 3 turns,

You should open up the AFC, and with the fuel shut off solenoid up, it should hit the bottom of the plate, when giving it some throttle!

MAKE 100% sure you tighten the lock nut, and if anything falls in there, dont even think about starting your truck up, before you fish it out with a magnet!

In my case the governor arm was hitting the 100 plate, but still it didnt have power till i adjusted it like i mentioned above) Ive also installed #5 plates in 215's They didnt work right till i adjusted the gov arm! Teh same with #0 a 100 works in some 215's pumps, in others it still needs adjustement. Thats info i gathered from installing plates

in my case it helped A LOT! Even i dont know why!

Smokem: Chuck says 435's are 55 HP bigger then 370's and my friend has ran both of them, the marine 370's never slipped his aftermarket clutch, the 435's sure did!
The 62 charger almost cleaned up the 370's smoke, the 435 never clean up with the same charger.

I dont know but my truck makes insane power with the 435's

Last edited:
New Eras are 5 x .018 and are suppose to be 140hp injector... I think they flow 56lpm.

Talked to Chuck and he has some 4 x .035s if anyones interested.

Talked to a guy today that knows the machinist that Chuck at New Era has his work done at. Supposedly, 435s are used bodies and tips that are EDM'ed to size and have the pop-off pressure set and out the door it goes. So they are cheap HP. Hopefully my DDP4's will be better.

The 435's flow WAY WAY more fuel than the marine (pdr) 370's.

I have run both and with my 435's, even with the 64/14 set at 57psi, I STILL CANT CLEAR THE SMOKE. I have not even done dv's yet.

I LOVE my 435's and they make totally awesome power and the smoke is SSSIIICCCKKK when ya wanna blow it.

Lance

like all the stinking haze that follows me all the time.... Cant wait to not have that with the DDP4's