DDP 250HP VS. 6X.018 Injectors

WideHips24V

Coming In Hot!!
Just wondering how much diffrent the 250HP DDP and a 6X.018 injector are? I believe the DDP injectors are 7 hole injectors and 6X.018 are 6 hole. But are these close in comparison power wise? I am thinking about running a Dragon Fire VP44 with 6X.018 injector and am wondering if I could keep the DDP's instead.

But, your injection pump won't even be able to keep up with an injector that size, let alone it seems too big even for a s480. Just my $0.02

I think the 250's will be alright but the 6x18's and 480 will be to big and put him out of his power range as well.

Plan was to put an Industrial Injection Dragon Fire VP Pump...... Like I said in the last sentence when I started the thread.

I thought 6X.018 is a normal size to run with the Dragon Fire Pump. Its hard for me to believe that a 6X.018 injector is to much fuel for a 64/71 over an S480.

So keep the 250's and run the Dragon Fire pump.... That be my best setup?

save the money on the pump, swap to a p pump. let it rev to 4k and keep the 250's and 480...

I think your secondary would be too big. And go with a 6x13 or 6x16 at most.

A set of MPM 6x13s made 600hp in a buddies truck with a SO vp, a drag comp and 66/71/14. I'm confident with more air it would have made more power as it was still smoking a good bit.

6x16s are a lot of fuel, I actually stepped back to a 6x13 and made the same power with a cleaner setup(p-pump app).

Plan was to put an Industrial Injection Dragon Fire VP Pump...... Like I said in the last sentence when I started the thread.

I thought 6X.018 is a normal size to run with the Dragon Fire Pump. Its hard for me to believe that a 6X.018 injector is to much fuel for a 64/71 over an S480.

We read what you posted.....you asked the question and this is what you got.

I doubt that the 6x18 is normal for the Dragon Flow Pump....The 6x18 is not to much for the 64/480. Your looking for one answer out of two questions..... The 480 is a past the VPs rpm range....it will work but you wont get the most out of it. I ran/run a 64/478 billet with my DF. Ive ran DDP 220s, 275 hp inj, 7x14, 6x13 and even 7x25s.

If you want the 480 then go the ppump route. It will be happier in the end.

A set of MPM 6x13s made 600hp in a buddies truck with a SO vp, a drag comp and 66/71/14. I'm confident with more air it would have made more power as it was still smoking a good bit.

6x16s are a lot of fuel, I actually stepped back to a 6x13 and made the same power with a cleaner setup(p-pump app).

Ive made 600 with a set of DDP 220s, TST Comp and a SPS 66 back in 03 or 04. So your buddy could of made more with more air..

I doubt that the 6x18 is normal for the Dragon Flow Pump....The 6x18 is not to much for the 64/480. Your looking for one answer out of two questions..... The 480 is a past the VPs rpm range....it will work but you wont get the most out of it. I ran/run a 64/478 billet with my DF. Ive ran DDP 220s, 275 hp inj, 7x14, 6x13 and even 7x25s.

If you want the 480 then go the ppump route. It will be happier in the end.

This exactly.

We ran the dragon fire pump with a set of Scheid 6x18 injectors. That pump will keep up with those injectors. We were only running a SB 66 on the truck because it had 3.55 gears and a auto transmission. We were afraid any bigger turbo would snuff out early on the track.

I have Mike's pump 2 stage with a billet s475 t4 a/r 1.1 I was running 6x.016 from smokem. Had 45psi going down the track (ported head minus intake being shaved flowed 235/245 cfm) went to a billet s480 t4 a/r .90 and 7x.025. Now making 60 psi. Not real comparable since its a puller but here's some real world numbers. Just for reference egt's cooled by 600℉ when I switched injectors and turbo. Also running a redline unlimited. Good luck to ya.

If you want the 480 then go the ppump route. It will be happier in the end.[/

Would you think the 480 and 6x13s with an auto would yield better results? I'm guessing your saying that because he is a manual?

If you want the 480 then go the ppump route. It will be happier in the end.[/

Would you think the 480 and 6x13s with an auto would yield better results? I'm guessing your saying that because he is a manual?

Im saying that because he has a VP...RPM limited..even with a redline box. Which ive played with the major ones (Quad 4K first box before the new chip, TST Comp, Edge Comp hot unlock and Redline Unlimited)

480's have been run on vp trucks but the ones i have seen are late in the range and under driven. The compressor maps that ive looked at show it a little out of "MY" rpm range. Now with that said billet wheels and lighter compontents will always help out but the turbo shops that i talked to when i went to twins advised against it and only suggested the billet 478 as the biggest i should go to with just the VP.

Now with the ppump youll have the higher fueling and rpm to match it up better.

Last edited:
We ran the dragon fire pump with a set of Scheid 6x18 injectors. That pump will keep up with those injectors. We were only running a SB 66 on the truck because it had 3.55 gears and a auto transmission. We were afraid any bigger turbo would snuff out early on the track.

Mine would cut out with my 7x14's and 71% on my redline.. Ive ran my 7x25's with that pump and did ok but had the TST Comp on 4 and a super phat shaft 66/71, couldnt go higher on the TST before cutting out.

Would like to see the difference in your power level with the 475 and 480. Im not a turbo guy but the difference in housings kind of makes it uncomparable. As for the EGT reduction, your supplying alot more unatomized fuel which is sucking up the heat/hp. Yours is a different scenario than the OP's. There is a lot more into a set up than just throwing a turbo and injectors into a truck and hoping for big hp. Yours is different as you are doing yours for cooling along with hp. I bet you can make more hp with a smaller set of injectors, but be hotter.

Last edited: