Dead Pedal at highway speeds

5.9cummins06

I'm having what seems to be "Dead Pedal", but only at highway cruising speeds, basically like flicking a switch on and off over and over.....I change the APPS and no dice....is the VP on its way out?

Any codes? May need to pin out the apps to see if your loosing ground or voltage.

That's the sticker right now...the engine is an 02 in a 96....I have the wireing and pin-out diagrams to hook up the data wires so I can HOPEFUllY use a code reader, just haven't tried hooking it up yet....when I installed the new APPS yesterday I was working it with a meter hooked up, didn't have any blips in the readings.

Any codes? May need to pin out the apps to see if your loosing ground or voltage.

Maybe the signal that the APPS sends out from the ecm to the injection pump

They have been known to burn up drivers in them. I would pin out the injection pump and get somebody to work the pedal and see if you get any weird readings but you cant use a multimeter to do this unless it graphs. The meter isnt fast enough to change the numbers fast enough for you to see an issue. All this needs to be graphed even the voltage at the APPS

Ok ill have to try something, I know the "key on" idle voltage is 0.749 I was told it should be 0.580 and 0.690 so maybe something is up there....

They have been known to burn up drivers in them. I would pin out the injection pump and get somebody to work the pedal and see if you get any weird readings but you cant use a multimeter to do this unless it graphs. The meter isnt fast enough to change the numbers fast enough for you to see an issue. All this needs to be graphed even the voltage at the APPS

That is not horribly out of range, the truck should be fine with that. I'm going through the same issues and talked to the gent who makes the Timbo APPS, he has a video up on his site on how to read the voltage while going down the road http://www.dodgecumminsapps.com/Calibration_video.html.

I used a scan tool and monitored the APPS input through the data port and had nary a hiccup. Thanks to a parts peddler in Pennsylvania a new VP is on the way.

Ya ill have to try something. I forgot to mention that the idle will jump up a little over 1000 rpm and down again.....

That is not horribly out of range, the truck should be fine with that. I'm going through the same issues and talked to the gent who makes the Timbo APPS, he has a video up on his site on how to read the voltage while going down the road http://www.dodgecumminsapps.com/Calibration_video.html.

I used a scan tool and monitored the APPS input through the data port and had nary a hiccup. Thanks to a parts peddler in Pennsylvania a new VP is on the way.